is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina). We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
Potential opportunities exist for:
Brake Press Operator/Welder
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION
The Press Brake Operator/Welder is responsible for the set up and operation of the press brake machine based on the blueprints to fabricate parts that meet customer specifications. This position will also be responsible for spot-welding, riveting and nut press.
Preparing and setting up:
- Deliver and remove unfinished and finished parts with forklift.
- Tool change, selection of fixtures according to job requirements
- Calling up existing programs or entering machining parameters
- Adjusting mechanical gauges, correcting if necessary
- CNC press brake: Simulate critical bending sequences; correct bending sequence and gauges if necessary; machine part according to bending sequence; put finished parts in defined carts or racks (transport matrix); perform order confirmation incl. part identification; push finished parts with forklift either into transport station or place in designated part station (system guided)
- Spot-welding: Position individual parts with gauges; spot weld according to order requirements (work plan, drawings...); grind spot welds and machining marks suitable for painting if required; grind parts if required; put finished parts in defined carts or racks (transport matrix); order confirmation incl. part identification
- Pressing: Pick up and position blank in fixture; press in set nut with stationary press; put finished parts in defined carts or racks (transport matrix); push finished parts with forklift either into transport station or place in designated part station (system guided)
- Riveting: Pick up and position blank in fixture; rivet with rivet gun; put finished parts in defined carts or racks (transport matrix); push finished parts with forklift either into transport station or place in designated part station (system guided)
- Measure first part per job, use gauges if necessary.
- Perform spot check. Check batch size
- In case of rejects, inform supervisor about the situation (rework order)
- Carry out maintenance and cleaning work according to plan
- Carry out minor repairs and maintenance work within the specified scope, inform maintenance if necessary and pass on description of malfunction
- 2 yr. Technical Degree preferred (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of the educational requirements.)
- 2+ years’ experience in set up and operation of Press Brakes
- Minimum of 2-3 years CNC machining experience
- Demonstrated math and blueprint reading ability.
- Ability to operate punch and brake presses by setting glides and making ram adjustments.
- Ability to follow written instructions accurately.
- Demonstrate above average mechanical aptitude.
- Have proficient understanding of decimals and fractions.
- Ability to convert between metric and US standard units of measure.
- Demonstrated experience using various measuring devices, including but not limited to tape measures, height gauges, and calipers.
- Experience operating the Trumpf machine is a plus.
- Previous brazing or welding experience Preferred
- Ability to operate spot weld equipment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work well with other people and demonstrate team player behavior.
- Must possess and demonstrate good written and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Local candidates are preferred. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Note: Parts of site may appear in German. If so select “Beweben” (gray button in top right corner) to apply and browser should give option to translate to English.