is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina). We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
Potential opportunities exist for:
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION
The Production Planner & Scheduler role is responsible for planning and managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements as well as internal inventory levels (both finished goods and further processing inventories). When planning production, this position best utilizes the company’s productive capacities and resources to produce products most efficiently in a cost-efficient manner. This position works closely with Production, Customer Service, Maintenance, Sales and Logistics to insure on time delivery. This position also works closely with the Supply Chain Manager to understand long term trends, capacities, and projections.
Production planning & control:
- Perform or readjust production and detailed planning in SAP S/4HANA Embedded PP/DS of customer orders.
- Carry out deadline and backlog monitoring, considering available working days per week, budget figures per equipment series and carry out manual weighting / evaluation of orders in collaboration with production. Goal: Rough production smoothing
- Localize and point out scheduling problems / causers; check and adjust scheduling parameters or inform specialist departments; carry out capacity requirement determination and planning.
- Readjust (bring forward, postpone....) customer operations that have already been placed but have not yet been released for production, in consultation with sales, purchasing or production.
- Perform schedule, backlog monitoring using various SAP transactions.
- Point out scheduling problems to departments (e.g., purchasing deficiencies, priorities, etc.) so that they initiate the necessary measures.
- Check MRP parameters; for in-house production parts, adjust parameters if necessary; for purchasing parts, inform specialist department.
- In the case of capacity bottlenecks at work centers, carry out / support the data-related work center change.
- Carry out capacity requirements calculation per cost center and week (preview is carried out over several weeks) and make available to the persons responsible for production.
- Carry out special projects or participate in special projects also with external consultants
- Create and prepare daily key figures, statistics, etc. on the productive data and make them available to all operational areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain & Operations Management or related field is preferred; equivalent experience may be considered
- 2+ years’ experience supporting operation environment planning capacity
- 2-5 Years with an SAP Experience desired.
- Minimum 2 years production/material planning, inventory control, or production scheduling experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience in a closed-loop ERP system environment
- Experience in a closed-loop ERP system environment
- Ability to solve problems, apply mathematical, statistical and production scheduling principles and collaboration skills are required.
- Demonstrated experience in forecasting, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Analytical and process orientated
- Strong drive to improve processes
- Professionalism in all aspects and situations, especially when dealing with customers, suppliers and co-workers.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Local Candidates are preferred. No relocation assistance will be provided.
Note: Parts of site may appear in German. If so select “Beweben” (gray button in top right corner) to apply and browser should give option to translate to English.