is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina). We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
Potential opportunities exist for:
Assembly Production Supervisor
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for the overall supervision of (the defined production area). This individual will lead the manufacturing team in achieving Production coordination, Electrical assembly; Final assembly; Special assembly (options); Spare parts. Also responsible for product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. This role will also coordinate with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements, and drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals, while motivating the team to create high performance culture. In addition to overseeing manufacturing personnel, this hands-on leader should have the functional capability to perform the essential functions and activities alongside the manufacturing associates.
- Coordination of the economic interaction of production orders, electrical assembly, final assembly, special assembly (options) and spare parts.
- Monitoring of the complete production area, reacting immediately in the event of malfunctions and, if necessary, ensuring that the malfunctions are eliminated with the help of the relevant specialist departments.
- Monitoring and compliance with standardized material flows, logistics and manufacturing processes.
- Actively participate in the optimization of manufacturing processes (coordination IE).
- Create work instructions, execute according to specifications IE, train employees according to specifications and ensure sustainability (recurring instruction).
- Coordinate personnel deployment.
- Assemble mechanical, electrical parts / assemblies according to drawings and (partly with gauges).
- Assembly of sensors and cabling according to wiring diagram.
- Assembly according to drawing/specification/instruction of special and special applications.
- If required, fit/adjust individual parts by applying common manufacturing processes such as drilling, sawing, filing.
- Perform packaging process based on country specific specifications (QSA`s) using packing lists, scan parts, affix package label and contents list
- Order feedback incl. part identification
- Carry out visual, dimensional and functional checks using test bench and test specification, create and sign test report
- Commissioning of single / special / special units
- Eliminate errors Carry out rework
Technical instruction of employees:
- Guide and instruct employees with less experience or qualifications.
- Assign employees according to their qualifications.
- Supervise work execution. Check work result.
- Efficient execution of the work task.
- Report process problems to IE.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Assist employees in improving their work processes (KIM).
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in management, engineering, supply chain or related fields preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment, ideally in an ISO certified company
- Knowledge of manufacturing sciences, manufacturing processes, and equipment (to be adapted according to area of responsibility)
- Experience with production scheduling, MRP/ERP systems and lean manufacturing.
- Quality management systems and continuous improvement orientation.
- Performs duties in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software tools
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ensure effective employee relations, provide employee coaching and development, make employment decisions and resolve employment issues through problem resolution
Note: Parts of site may appear in German. If so select “Beweben” (gray button in top right corner) to apply and browser should give option to translate to English.