is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina). We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
Potential opportunities exist for:
Paint Shop Supervisor
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION.
The Paint Shop Supervisor will be responsible for a managing variety of aspects of the finishing process to include color development, paint preparation, pretreat system, paint booth, paint equipment, ovens and conveyor line. Additional responsibilities include; production coordination; scheduling, parts detailed planning for powder coating system (order picking); powder coating; crate assembly; assembly of small sub-assemblies with low vertical integration & packing final goods. In addition to overseeing manufacturing personnel, this hands-on leader should have the functional capability to perform the essential functions and activities alongside the manufacturing associates.
- Coordination of the economic interaction of production orders, the provision of parts according to demand, the loading, powder coating and unloading of the powder coating system.
- Monitoring of the complete production area, reacting immediately in the event of malfunctions and, if necessary, ensuring that the malfunctions are rectified with the help of the relevant specialist departments.
- Monitoring and compliance with standardized material flows, logistics and manufacturing processes.
- Actively participate in the optimization of manufacturing processes (coordination IE).
- Create work instructions, execute according to specifications IE, train employees according to specifications and ensure sustainability (recurring instruction).
- Coordinate personnel deployment.
Parts scheduling for powder coating system:
- Carry out demand-oriented parts fine control/provision for paint shop.
- Create picking order in ERP system according to specifications
- Process picking list, move parts manually in handling unit, label parts if necessary and store at designated paint shop station
- Load powder coating system using Power Free station (2x)
- Clean parts in 4-zone pretreatment system (3 zones active)
- Remove drag-out water by means of adhesive water dryer (approx. 80°C)
- Perform powder coating in Gema multi-color booth, manually or in automatic mode
- Bake powder coating in powder coating cure oven at 180°C
- Unload parts using Power Free Station (2x)
- Discharge paint parts with Handlings Unit (transport cart) into downstream area
- Place ready-to-ship paint parts in handling unit (crate), pack and steer to shipping via parts station
- Perform final assembly of pre-assembled crates and pallets
Assembly of small sub-assemblies with low vertical integration, order picking & packing final goods:
- Assembly of small sub-assemblies with low vertical integration
- Order picking parts for final assembly with order picking list into handling unit
- Picking and packing of final goods
Provide guidance to employees:
- Provide guidance and instruction to employees with less experience or qualifications.
- Assign employees according to their qualifications.
- Supervise work performance. Inspect work results.
- Efficient execution of the work task.
- Report process problems to IE.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Assist employees in improving their work processes (KIM).
- High school diploma or GED required, college degree preferred.
- Three or more years supervisory experience.
- More than 2 years’ professional painting experience in a manufacturing environment. Powder coating experience desired.
- Skilled in directing and coordinating the work of others
- Experience in paint applications, including viscosity, formulation, application, and paint booth operation preferred.
- Must have strong commitment towards safety and working safe.
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning “MRP” Software such as SAP is a Plus.
- Strong mechanical or technical aptitude with exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to inspire collaboration a cooperation with fellow employees and peers.
- Good Oral and written communication skills.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- Able to work in a smoke free environment.
- Able to travel internationally for training (1-2 times).
- Perform other duties as assigned by Plant Manager.
Note: Parts of site may appear in German. If so select “Beweben” (gray button in top right corner) to apply and browser should give option to translate to English.