is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Kardex US Manufacturing LLC. is located in West Columbia (South Carolina). We offer a job in an international company that is known for innovative solutions and that offers exciting tasks - in a climate where success-oriented work and self-reliance are fun. A company who take care of the people and people development.
Potential opportunities exist for:
PLEASE NOTE THIS POSITION DOES NOT INCLUDE RELOCATION.
The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for ensuring all orders and products are packaged and shipped to domestic and international customers with accuracy and on time.
Process shipping orders:
- Assemble/prepare all documentation required for shipment, such as shipping notices, bills of lading, shipping orders, package labels, postal documents, certificates of origin.
- Packing of deliveries taking into account shipping regulations, usual shipping and packing methods as well as delivery dates within specified frameworks
- Notify shipping companies of shipments
- Calling off freight space
- Allocate shipping and packaging costs to the order
- Documenting and logging off shipping operations
- Entering data for statistical purposes
- Distributing internal and external documents (e.g. packing lists, order letters, customer correspondence)
- Optimization of shipping warehouses
- Carry out special projects or participate in special projects also with external consultants
- Create and prepare daily key figures, statistics, etc. on the productive data and make them available to all operational areas.
- High School Diploma required, some college or business trade school preferred
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience in supply chain management in a manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years of shipping and/or warehouse experience preferred
- Experience in working with Shipping and export regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook) required
- Familiar with and understands shipping requirements via Air Freight, Fed-Ex, Ground Truck, DHL and UPS.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work under limited supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Proven problem solving skills
- Works well in a team environment, with a diverse workforce
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
- Ability to use and operate general office equipment
- Good basic math skills
Note: Parts of site may appear in German. If so select “Beweben” (gray button in top right corner) to apply and browser should give option to translate to English.