This position provides help desk support for end users and technical support in installing and configuring computer hardware and software. Candidate will perform a range of duties from routine to complex troubleshooting for hardware and software systems. Candidate will be expected to continually learn and support all aspects of technology used at Sargent.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Diagnose system operations, network, hardware, software, and operator problems.
• Perform troubleshooting to correct IT related problems and follows-up until solution is found.
• Provide information and instruction to users on various applications, equipment, and manuals.
• Install, upgrade, and configure hardware (computers, servers, peripherals, switches, firewalls,
etc.) and Software (ERP System, CAD systems, Office 365, machine interfaces, printer drivers, etc.)
• Create user accounts and assigns permissions.
• Maintain inventory of IT equipment, supplies, and software.
• Provide support for all technology, including printers, VPN’s, WIFI, switches, firewalls, audio-visual equipment, mobile computing devices, and remote access including notebooks, iPhones, and iPads.
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems.
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy.
• Oversee IT vendor relationships (Server monitoring, EDI, Spam filtering, Office 365, etc.).
• Craft technical solutions for business challenges/opportunities as they occur (labeling, dashboard, SharePoint).
• Research and upgrade systems to improve performance, speed up progress, or add security.
• Meet accounting/budget goals of our company.
• Maintain daily backups and restore files when needed.
• Repair or replace network/computer parts as needed.
• Maintain Camera Security Systems.
• Two years of specialized experience in IT, or completion of a bachelor’s degree in IT or related field.
• CompTIA A+ certification.
• Extensive knowledge of Networking Concepts, Windows Servers, and Windows computer administration.
• Experience in any of the following: Global Shop ERP, Office 365 administration, Active Directory, Group Policy, SQL, XML, Excel & Power BI, Crystal Reports, Barcoding, Avaya Phone Systems, Visio, SharePoint, Datto, Sophos, CloudTrax, Automate, any programming.
• Knowledge of Manufacturing concepts and processes.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and problem solve under pressure.
This job description is to outline the primary duties and qualifications, but not be limited to the assigned responsibilities listed. It is our expectation that each team member offers their services whenever necessary to ensure the success of Sargent Metal.