assisting with the recruitment and training for
Pet Supplies Plus
Pet Supplies Plus is focused on making it easier to get better products for your pet. With over 620 locations in 39 states, the stores have a streamlined design making it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.
Pet Supplies Plus is ranked No. 20 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2022 Franchise 500® list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com.
employment opportunities exist for:
The Maintenance Manager
at Pet Supplies Plus distribution is responsible for maintaining systems and equipment at our new Orangeburg, SC Distribution Center by completing preventive maintenance schedules, restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts. This position is responsible for supervising the maintenance team.
- Growing and managing a high-quality maintenance team through implementation of effective recruitment, training, motivation, and development programs.
- Developing, counseling, motivating, and resolving team member relations issues and creating an effective working atmosphere.
- Coordinating with the Managers and Supervisors to establish priorities and schedule the workload to satisfy production needs.
- Coordinating with local contractors and vendors for equipment and services as required.
- Ordering parts and equipment and obtaining services for repair and maintenance of the facility’s equipment.
- Prioritizing and assigning service requests to the maintenance team. Monitoring daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items. Assisting in the completion of service requests as necessary.
- Inspecting the grounds and building daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal.
- Maintaining a preventative maintenance program that extends the life of the facility while minimizing future repairs.
- Identifying and implementing energy-saving measures that promotes conservation.
- Managing maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines.
- Maintaining well-organized and a properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines.
- Responsibility for key control program.
- Scheduling and directing workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs within budgeted guidelines.
- Directing workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer’s recommendations and operating manuals.
- Maintaining accurate records.
- Conducting performance reviews for maintenance/facility team.
- Managing 2 shifts of up to 20 Maintenance and Facility team members.
- 2+ years of formal education in related field.
- 2+ years of supervisor experience.
- 3-5 years of conveyor-systems experience within a distribution center.
- High sense of urgency to address maintenance issues.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to report and recommend solutions to challenges.
- Strong knowledge of building codes, trade standards, and general practices within the maintenance field.
- Strong knowledge of electricity, mechanical, construction, plumbing and HVAC.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- A valid Driver’s License.
more information or to apply online, click Here.
Pet Supplies Plus provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.