Thursday, March 23, 2023
VPET USA, LLC - Senior Process Engineer
|Company||VPET LLC, USA|
|Date Opened||1/30/2023 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
VPET USA, LLC
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Senior Process Engineer
VPET USA, LLC is a leading manufacturer of wide-mouth polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles and containers. The new Greer SC facility will serve as a blow molding and injection molding facility to supply key customers in the Southeast.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior Process Engineer, in addition to their capacity as a Senior process engineer, will also be fully responsible for managing the Blow Molding Technicians across all three shifts, and for the continuous operation, maintenance of all equipment, and machinery used within the department.
The Senior Process Engineer is expected to be the impetus behind the improvement of the Blow Molding Technical department. To design and work with the Blow Molding Technician team to implement a strategy to optimize and improve current production processes for current and new products. This role will also assist the Injection Molding Supervisor with assigned projects.
Supervision of blow molding department/Technicians (3 shifts)
- Schedule work for all technicians within the blow mold department, including shift assignments, preventative maintenance, and training for technicians
- Develop and implement a plan to improve the blow mold department
- Ensure all forms and data records are completed by technicians within the blow mold department
- Assist with cross-training of injection mold Technicians on routine tasks:
- Mold changes and mold cleaning
- Starting and stopping the blow mold machines
- Starting and stopping the conveyors
- Process products, troubleshoot, and repair all blow mold machines, and supporting equipment
- Reduce scrap and promote the operational efficiency of the blow molding machines
- Contact machine or equipment manufacturer to resolve technical problems
- Test new equipment and create new processes and documentation for operation
- Implement new strategies to optimize and improve current production processes, for current and new products
- Design innovative solutions to production problems
- Create new processes and documentation for manufacturing new blow molding products
- Comply with all quality, safety, work rules, and regulations
- Adhere to given instructions, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidelines, and housekeeping procedures
- Follow the complete start-up and shut-down procedure per the company’s and Machine's requirements
- Understand and comply with applicable OSHA safety rules/regulations and Lock-out/Tag-out requirements
- Technical training in blow molding processing
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating and processing products on blow molding machines
- Experience with SIAPI and SIPA machines is highly desired
- Machine installation experience, mechanical troubleshooting and repair, and machine shop skills
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment
- Be able to lift 25+ Lbs.
- Be able to walk, crawl, and stand for prolong periods of time.
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 8 to 10 plus hours
Starting wage: $30-$40 per hour
VPET USA, LLC offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical (HMO), dental and vision insurance premium.
- 401k plan, Employer contributes 3%, up to 4%
- Company offers vacation and sick pay
- Holiday Pay: Eight (8) paid holidays per year
- Basic Life Insurance Paid (25K policy)
Computer access to apply is available at Spartanburg SC Works office – 110 Commerce St., Spartanburg SC 29302
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
or your nearest SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|