Thursday, March 23, 2023
VPET USA, LLC - Shipping & Receiving Clerk
|Company||VPET LLC, USA|
|Date Opened||1/30/2023 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
VPET USA, LLC
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Shipping & Receiving Clerk
VPET USA, LLC is a leading manufacturer of wide-mouth polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottles and containers. The new Greer SC facility will serve as a blow molding and injection molding facility to supply key customers in the Southeast.
JOB SUMMARY: In the role of Shipping/Receiving Representative, you will be responsible for a variety of shipping and receiving tasks. Providing excellent customer service to our customers, third-party vendor drivers, and supporting inter- departments by providing status or assistance with shipping and receiving related matters. This role also provides administrative support to the department manager.
Job Duties: But not limited to.
- Responsible for verifying and coordinating the accuracy of incoming & outgoing shipments.
- Contact carrier representatives to make arrangements or to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
- Performs data entry, prepares shipping orders, and schedules loads.
- Researches, compiles, validates, and reports information from multiple sources i.e., bills of lading, orders, or other records.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages or shortages.
- Provides general clerical office functions and support to the department Manager.
- Assist our third-party drivers with shipping or receiving inquiries.
- Assist customers with shipping and receiving change requests.
- Act as liaison between customers, carriers, and internal departments by notifying the appropriate departments of change requests or any other matter that requires notification.
- Arrange or coordinate the delivery of materials received by notifying the appropriate department personnel.
- Comply with all quality, safety, work rules, and regulations.
- Assist with various projects as needed.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening skills.
- Adapt to new processes, products, and technologies as required. Learn and understand our products and technology at a level sufficiently high enough to efficiently identify and route requests for assistance to the proper division department or individual.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, multi-discipline environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, identifies and addresses problems, and meets deadlines.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyze information skillfully, and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a wide array of plant personnel ranging from hourly employees to senior management.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- High level of attention to detail, and process driven in order to balance timeliness and quality of service. Metrics for quality and efficiency will be developed and maintained.
- Computer skills: Basic knowledge and experience in computer office programs of Word, Excel, and Outlook are requirements for this job.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to communicate, read and write proficiently in English.
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years of administrative experience or similar role.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- This position requires occasional walk-through’s in our warehouse/shipping department for follow-up on customer service orders, inventory, order status, operate lift truck i.e. sit-down and propane changes, etc.
- Works in an office environment that is located inside the Warehouse.
- Requires sitting, standing, walking, and operating a computer keyboard, telephone, and other office equipment for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions such as typing, reaching, and grasping.
- Work environment is in a warehouse and temperatures inside vary between hot or cold based on the outside conditions.
Shift Hours: Monday-Friday 8 to 10 plus hours
Starting wage: $19-$21 per hour
VPET USA, LLC offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical (HMO), dental and vision insurance premium.
- 401k plan, Employer contributes 3%, up to 4%
- Company offers vacation and sick pay
- Holiday Pay: Eight (8) paid holidays per year
- Basic Life Insurance Paid (25K policy)
Computer access to apply is available at Spartanburg SC Works office – 110 Commerce St., Spartanburg SC 29302
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
or your nearest SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|