Verdeco - Maintenance Technician
|Date Opened||3/1/2023 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/14/2023 11:59:00 PM|
In cooperation with
Greenville Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
- Perform maintenance tasks including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, PLC troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service and maintain appropriate tracking reports.
- Contribute to the creation of robust preventative maintenance tasks to keep the equipment operational at peak levels.
- Provide scheduled/emergency/unscheduled repairs and maintenance of the facility.
- Emergency call-ins are expected as part of a rotation of maintenance team members to support a 24/7 production operation. These are balanced to not burden any one person.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service, Understand equipment schemes and drawings for quick and accurate troubleshooting.
- Operate forklifts, scissors and JLG type basket lifts.
- Diagnose problems, replace, or repair parts, test and verify proper equipment operation.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Meet yearly personal/department S.M.A.R.T. objectives.
- 2+ years, preferably in manufacturing with strong electrical knowledge reading schematics for installation and repair of production equipment.
- Associates Degree in Machine Technology or other technical discipline preferred; relevant work experience may be a substitute
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, analytical and organizational skills
- Creative problem solver
- Reliable, trustworthy and collaborative team player
- Strong proficiency in MS Office and Excel
- Works in production environments
- Frequently standing, walking, lifting, stooping, or bending
- Able to lift 50 lbs. on a regular basis
- Able to work 8-12 hour shifts standing