in cooperation with
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Omron is locating a new facility in Spartanburg County. Omron is a leader in the automation industry, envisioning a future in which people can do more, try more, and be more. For more than 80 years, we’ve been working to enrich lives and create a better society by maximizing people’s potential. Our company has a strong track record of innovation, and a record of accomplishment of developing successful automation products for the global market.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new manufacturing facility in Greer, SC. Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Electronics Operator 1:
As a member of our Production Team, the Electronics Operator 1 will assemble and test electro-mechanical products in an efficient, timely, and quality focused manner. To achieve this goal, they will perform a variety of operations requiring delicate and safe manual manipulation of electronics using hand tools, production equipment, computers, diagrams, drawings, and oral or written instructions. The Operator will ensure the quality of their production by diligently following all work instructions and ensuring compliance to the quality control inspection procedures.
- Work within a team-based manufacturing cell to assemble and test complex, small-form electronics.
- Prepare for operator duties by attentively reviewing verbal instructions, work orders, production drawings, assembly instructions, and sample assemblies.
- Perform inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Efficiently assemble and test devices to the KPI set for timeliness and quality.
- Recognize and document errors and quality issues within the products.
- Successfully learn new products assemblies and testing.
- Maintain the stations for cleanliness and safety.
- Follow all plant safety, material handling and efficiency guidelines (e.g., ESD, 5S, OSHA, etc.).
- Maintain a record of good and timely attendance.
- Other duties, as assigned
- One year of relevant work experience with a preference for electronics manufacturing or assembly
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Documented ability to understand and follow technical instructions drafted or communicated in English
- Documented ability to recognize critical quality errors and escalate appropriately
- Ability to document issues in English
- Demonstrated ability to assemble delicate, small-form technical components in a manner that promotes timely results, a high-quality product, and efficiency.
- Proven ability to work effectively and productively in a cell-based manufacturing team
- Demonstrated basic computer skills (e.g., keyboard, mouse, open browser, launch applications, communicate via email).
- Proven basic math skills (e.g., addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions).
- Proven steady employment history that indicates timeliness and good attendance.
At Omron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other roles!
OMRON offers an extremely competitive benefits package including:
3 weeks’ vacation, 6 personal days, 12 paid Holidays, and 2 days of community service leave each year
Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and their families
401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
Objectives-based bonus plan
Starting wage: From $17/hour
Shift hours: Monday through Friday, Day Shift only
Click Here to apply.
You will be taken to another website.
Computer access available at Spartanburg SC Works office – 110 Commerce St., Spartanburg SC 29302
or your nearest SC Works office
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer