in cooperation with
Spartanburg Community College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Omron is locating a new facility in Spartanburg County. Omron is a leader in the automation industry, envisioning a future in which people can do more, try more, and be more. For more than 80 years, we’ve been working to enrich lives and create a better society by maximizing people’s potential. Our company has a strong track record of innovation, and a record of accomplishment of developing successful automation products for the global market.
We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new manufacturing facility in Greer, SC. Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Electronics Test Technician:
As a member of the OMRON Americas Manufacturing Team, the test technician will possess and utilize skill sets to test, assemble and troubleshoot Omron electronic products based on customer demand. To achieve this, the Test Technician is required to be flexible and perform a variety of complex tasks, involving production assembly, testing and inspection utilizing various test equipment, work instructions and assembly tools. The Test Technician is responsible for assisting in maintaining production schedules and ensuring OMRON high quality standards are met.
- Work as a team member within the various manufacturing cells.
- Read test procedures, work orders, test manuals, performance specifications, and schematics to determine testing procedures and equipment to be used.
- Test functional performance of systems and individual assemblies (both low and high voltage).
- Perform inspection to ensure parts (both low and high voltage) meet production specifications and standards.
- Perform, witness, and accept test results.
- Troubleshoot PCBs down to component level using appropriate equipment.
- Maintain the assembly work areas for cleanliness and safety.
- Follow all plant safety, material handling, and efficiency guidelines (e.g., ESD, 5S, OSHA, etc.).
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Two year technical degree or equivalent experience with certifications and training in high tech electronics manufacturing.
- Three years of relevant experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- One year of experience working with high voltage electronics.
- Documented ability to understand and follow technical instructions drafted in English for assembling electronic equipment.
- Must be competent in the operation of oscilloscopes, DMMs, power supplies and other test equipment, as required.
- Proven ability to work effectively and productively in a cell based manufacturing team.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and productively in a cell based manufacturing team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with delicate technical components in a manner that promotes safety and results in a high quality product.
At Omron, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other roles!
OMRON offers an extremely competitive benefits package including:
3 weeks’ vacation, 6 personal days, 12 paid Holidays, and 2 days of community service leave each year
Medical, Dental and Vision plans for employees and their families
401(k) Retirement Plan with generous company match
Objectives-based bonus plan
Starting wage: From $22/hour
Shift hours: Monday through Friday, Day Shift only
Click Here to apply.
You will be taken to another website.
Computer access available at Spartanburg SC Works office – 110 Commerce St., Spartanburg SC 29302
or your nearest SC Works office
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
An Equal Opportunity Employer