Motor City Racks - Assembler
|Motor City Racks
|2/6/2024 08:45:00 AM
- Use manual and automatic tools to complete the finished rack with dunnage, or sub-assemblies
- Paint, stencil or touch up the product before it goes onto the truck
- Ensure all products adhere to the production specifications of the customer
- Read and interpret blue prints and process sheets
- Inspect all work, prior to sending it down the line
- Operate metal shaping machines such as brakes, shears or other metal straightening and bending machines
- Read a tape measure to take critical measurements
- Maintain safe work practices
- Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunchroom etc.
- Present a professional image of Motor City Racks, and a personal commitment to the safety and well-being of all employees.
- Participate in continuous improvements, 5S and 8 Waste initiatives, including and not limited to processes, production flow etc.
- Report and hazardous to the Plant Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken
- Support the Health & Safety Program
- Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
- Perform all other duties as required
- You must adhere to Motor City Racks Culture and Guiding Values as stated in orientation.
- Ownership – Take pride in the work that is accomplished, and understand the function or process flow for the larger picture.
- Organization – Able to maintain process to ensure all relevant information or tools are accessible.
- Attention to Detail – Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Adaptability – Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology and requirements.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals and objectives, and as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Promote an inclusive environment by understanding all cultural groups.
- Commitment to Health & Safety – Work in compliance with all acceptable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Understand basic tool functions
- Physically capable of lifting in excess of 40lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must have steel toe boots
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to work any 3 shifts and overtime when needed
- Monday through Friday Schedule
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Paid time off / PTO
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- Team Environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|Contact us via conventional means.
|You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.