Motor City Racks - Material Handler
|Motor City Racks
|2/6/2024 08:45:00 AM
- Receiving - This hands-on position supports operations by ensuring all materials, parts and purchased components are accurately recorded, received and available on time, in-house to meet production schedules, customer requirements and ultimately on time delivery to customers. It is imperative the Material Handler communicate with purchasing to validate materials and proper quantities are on hand.
- Shipping - Material Handler works in conjunction with Logistics and Operations to finalize schedule for outbound shipping and is responsible for the correct manifest, proper loading, and invoicing of all outbound work orders within E-data.
- Inventory Maintenance & Control – Material storage, tool crib and yard are HIGHLY organized, accurately inventoried, and clean at all times. Fixtures stored in yard, are properly maintained then disposed of, once time requirement is satisfied. With Plant Managers authorization, broken or unused items are purged and removed from premises.
- Consumables - Material Handler monitors, records and replenishes the physical and systematic flow of consumables to support operations. It requires a knowledge of historic usage as well as specific needs for upcoming work orders (both on site and off site).
- Weld Line - Material Handler monitors, coordinates with the Weld Supervisor to make sure racks that come off the main go into the proper staging area for inspection. Once inspected, the Material Handler will make sure that the racks leaving inspection are staged properly on the pad to get power washed.
- Assembly/Paint Department – Coordinate with the Assembly/Paint Supervisor to make sure racks coming to the power wash booth are staged properly. The Material Handler must also make sure racks that have been through the power wash booth are staged properly for the paint to dry.
- Check and receive in incoming shipments of all material for jobs, general inventory, floor stock and facility equipment. Includes unpackaging, verifying counts, parts inspection, reconciliation of receiving/purchase documentation.
- Must be able to handle incoming and outgoing paperwork and perform receiving, shipping and transfers in the E-Data (ERP software).
- Completes daily receiving entries and communicates to purchasing department for accurate receiving of all materials necessary for timely delivery of work orders.
- Prompt communication to purchasing of any missing, incorrect or short materials.
- Ability to answer inventory related questions while in meetings or when called.
- Keeping the yard highly organized. Follow agreed upon 5-S locations for all items stored in yard.
- Following protocol and purging unusable items in yard.
- Responsible for Work Order Sticker visibility on containers for quick identification by forklift operators.
- Rotating stock; when necessary make space available to receive inbound loads.
- Responsible for coordinating outbound shipment schedules with logistics & operations to meet customer deadlines.
- Continuously achieve high customer service levels by accurately loading, shipping and invoicing outbound orders.
- Ability to schedule short term transportation needs to meet program manager needs.
- Prompt communication of problems or issues to Plant Manager and logistics associated to position. Directly responsible for inventory and tracking supplies. Develop and provide forecasts as requested.
- Timely ordering of consumables to ensure production is not interrupted and highly efficient.
- Interact professionally with drivers who picking up product or delivery products/supplies to us.
- Drives associated vendor corrective action activities when needed.
- Adheres to budget process and assist in cost reductions where appropriate.
- Responsible to monitor timing for reordering consumables.
- Work with existing suppliers and maintaining all internal supplier support functions.
- Ordering and scheduling warranty work to fix tools as needed.
- Responsible for fixture location and working condition in yard.
- Responsible for removing older, past due fixtures from yard once two-year period has lapsed.
- This position is expected to take initiative and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assist in training & mentoring newer employees
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment i.e. work station, lunchroom etc.
- Present a professional image of Motor City Racks, and a personal commitment to the safety and wellbeing of all employees.
- Participate in continuous improvements, 5S and 8 Waste initiatives, including and not limited to processes, production flow etc.
- Report any hazards to the Plant Manager or Supervisor immediately so corrective action can be taken.
- Support the Health & Safety Program
- Practice safe and proper use of machinery and tools
- Perform all other duties as required
- You must adhere to Motor City Racks Culture and Guiding Values as stated in orientation.
- Strategic Thinking – Able to analyze and interpret the strategic direction of the company.
- Resource and Fiscal Management – Use resources such as human capital, supplies, products, materials and other useable items effectively and with foresight to available and limited funds.
- Professionalism – Demonstrate professional standards of conduct when governing transactions between team members, customer and or suppliers.
- Ownership – Take pride in the work that is accomplished and understand the function or process flow for the larger picture.
- Organization – Able to maintain process to ensure all relevant information or tools are accessible.
- Negotiation – Gain and support ideas, proposals and solutions from other. Reach deals and compromises on what will work best for the company when dealing with suppliers.
- Communication – Express and transmit information with consistency and clarity.
- Commitment to Health & Safety – Work in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and establish policies and procedures
- Client//Customer Focus – Provide superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Attention to Detail – Attend to details and pursue quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Adaptability – Adapt and respond to changing conditions, priorities, technology and requirements.
- Decision Making – Make concrete, well-formed and thought0out decisions that support the overall company.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals and objectives, and as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take constructive criticism
- Ability to multitask
- High School Education
- 3 years minimum work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications and E-data
- Must possess strong communication skills, be a self-starter, comfortable working alone and with multiple teams
- Monday through Friday Schedule
- Competitive pay
- Health insurance
- Paid time off / PTO
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Health savings account
- Employee assistance program
- Team Environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.
|Contact us via conventional means.
|You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.