Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc. - Operator II
|Company||Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc.|
|Date Opened||5/28/2019 12:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Piedmont Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for:
Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc.
Teijin is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation; information and electronics; safety and protection; environment and energy; and healthcare. The company’s main fields of operation include high-performance fibers, such as aramid, carbon fibers and composites, resin processing, polyester fibers and more. Teijin is constructing a new carbon fiber manufacturing facility in Greenwood County to supply the automotive, aerospace, and industrial markets.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
This position will be responsible for his or her own workplace and managing an orderly run of fibers. This position should carry the greatest care and conscientiousness for assigned workplace. Employees will be responsible for assuring process stays within defined process conditions, documentation and following all work and ESH regulations.
· Lead safe work practices within the area
· Ensure process control
· Correct line upsets
· Support Control Room Operator
· Support Shift Team Leader
· Maintain the flow of information to the Shift Leader and colleagues within the production line in the event of disruptions/deviations
· Willingness/Ability to learn and support in multiple positions throughout the line
· Identify risk and participate in risk reduction activities
· Perform routine maintenance tasks as required
· Carefully handle any work equipment, including tools, PPE, etc.
· Assist in training of new employees
· Any additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills include:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience in a 24/7 operation, prefer fiber, film, or paper manufacturing experience
· Preferred experience in an ISO certified operation
· Display strong aptitude for teamwork and communication
· Meet physical requirements of the job including: standing, walking, bending over, lifting up to 50 lbs.
· Skilled working with computers
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
· Must be open and available to work any shift
· Ability to travel internationally for some training
· Demonstrated safety knowledge and performance
· Mechanical aptitude
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|