Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc. - Quality Lab Technician
|Company||Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc.|
|Date Opened||9/3/2019 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/20/2019 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Piedmont Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for:
Teijin Carbon Fibers, Inc.
Teijin is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation; information and electronics; safety and protection; environment and energy; and healthcare. The company’s main fields of operation include high-performance fibers, such as aramid, carbon fibers and composites, resin processing, polyester fibers and more. Teijin is constructing a new carbon fiber manufacturing facility in Greenwood County to supply the automotive, aerospace, and industrial markets.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Quality Lab Technician
This position will be responsible for the execution and evaluation of all tests to be performed in the laboratory, including proper and accurate documentation of all results. This position will be responsible for exhibiting excellent safe working habits and follow all ESH policies and procedures.
· Lead safe work practices within the area
· Execution and evaluation of all tests to be performed in the laboratory including documentation of the results
· Ability to carry out variety of testing including; mechanical, physical, textile, and chemical testing
· Maintain 6S
· Responsible for compliance with quality and ESH standards
· Complete all test analyses in a timely manner
· Carefully handle any work equipment, including tools, PPE, etc.
· Ability to learn, work, and support in the production line as needed
· Any additional duties as assigned
Qualifications and skills include:
· 2-year science degree or 2+ years of experience in a chemical or physical laboratory
· Display strong aptitude for teamwork and communication
· Reliable, adaptable, independent worker, responsible and analytically minded
· Skilled working with computers and several application software
· Experience working with a variety of lab testing equipment and materials/substances
· General math and chemistry knowledge
· Meet physical requirements of the job including: standing, walking, bending over, lifting 50lbs.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines
· Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screening and criminal background check
· Ability to travel internationally for some initial training
· Demonstrate safety knowledge and performance
An Equal Opportunity Employer