Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC - Maintenance Supervisor
|Company||Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC|
|Date Opened||8/29/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2018 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
· Plans, estimates, schedule, and coordinate maintenance work. Provides effective maintenance service for plant while striving to limit down time and reduce costs.
· Responsible for single point coordination of emergency off-shift and weekend repair needs.
· Maintains liaison with other plant departments to keep an awareness of safety and maintenance problems. Responsible for "first alert" detection of equipment.
· Assists in the development of Production Department repair budgets, capital equipment selection, and major modifications and upgrades to equipment.
· Interfaces and selects outside vendors for maintenance needs.
· Proactively promotes, coordinates, and implements programs for the conservation of resources.
· Promotes and/or assures presence of preventative maintenance programs. Effects changes to reduce maintenance costs of equipment and facilities.
· Establishes department goals and objectives, using measurable indicators, and assesses department progress.
· Reviews capital projects for standardization, ease of maintenance, optimum functionality, and minimal failure rates.
· Develops annual budget and plans manpower levels. Takes appropriate action to ensure costs fall within budget.
· Responsible for overall departmental safety and awareness of potential hazards. Promotes safe operating habits for maintenance personnel and safe operation of plant equipment.
· Manages, hires, and develops staff. Conducts their annual performance appraisal. Responsible for the quality and skill level of maintenance department.
· Implement preventative maintenance program.
· High School diploma required. 2-year technical school or equivalent experience.
· Minimum 5-year industrial maintenance experience required.
· Knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulics, PLC, TPM, micro processing, pneumatics, power transmission applications, conveyor systems, minor steel fabrication/welding, and machine shop practices.
· Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience in maintenance related areas.
· General knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements and OSHA Safety and Health Standards relating to manufacturing industries.
· Substantial mechanical aptitude.
· Basic computer operating skills.
· Clear, comprehensive understanding of preventative maintenance.
· Ability to develop and/or implement clear, actionable steps in support of an overall production efficiency.
· Proven track record of building reliability and preventative maintenance programs.
· Ability to engage, inspire, influence, and coach people, effective team player.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to identify problems, determine root causes, and implement countermeasures.
· Competitive pay and benefits commensurate with experience.
Starting wage $60K - $80K depending on experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers standard benefits package including paid time off.
Computer access available at Cherokee SC Works office – 111-C Tiffany Park Circle, Gaffney SC 29341
or your nearest SC Works office
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Or your local SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer