Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC - Material Handler
|Company||Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC|
|Date Opened||2/4/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/1/2019 12:00:00 AM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
- Receive, store and distribute materials, tools, equipment and products.
- Read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Transport materials and items from receiving to production areas, storage or to other designated areas by hand, hand truck, or forklift.
- Sort and place materials in proper storage area or bins.
- Performs job functions while meeting safety, quality and production standards.
- Inspect incoming material before releasing for production.
- Keep work area, machinery, equipment, and control panels clean and organized.
- Actively look for methods to improve production.
- Use all personal protective equipment required, follows all safety/environmental procedures, and does not by-pass any safety devices.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Six months experience in a manufacturing facility or warehouse.
- Must be able to understand basic work, safety and quality requirements.
- Good hand/eye coordination.
- Must have strong attention to detail and desire for quality work.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced manufacturing environment while meeting safety and quality standards.
- Basic math skills.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate forklift
Starting wage $12.50 to $16 per hour depending on experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers standard benefits package including paid time off.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|