Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC - Pre-Treatment Operator
|Company||Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC|
|Date Opened||4/2/2019 05:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, monorails, chains, slings, etc).
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to insure material meets all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Monitor all material flow through the pretreatment area for safety, quality, & production efficiency.
- Account for all material that enters and exits the pretreatment area for piece count accuracy and proper material handling.
- Inform Pretreatment Lead of any and all quality concerns and maintenance problems.
- Communicate all safety concerns or accidents to the Plant Supervisor immediately.
- Follow all safety guidelines and influence others to think of safety as a first priority.
- Follow all established housekeeping standards and influence others to follow the standards.
- Minimize equipment down time.
- Extend the life of the equipment with proper maintenance and continuous evaluation.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent preferred.
- Prior Galvanizing experience is desired but not a requirement.
- At least one year of forklift driving experience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures
- Proven ability to operate forklift and obtain forklift/crane certification.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and be physically able to climb stairs and ladders.
- Must be capable of boarding and un-boarding trucks for inspection and/or rigging.
- Works independently with little supervision on assignments.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for work. Copes with ambiguity, change and uncertainty effectively.
- Not hesitant to resolve lack of clarity, structure or definition of outcomes then moves ahead.
- Demonstrates initiative, sense of urgency and, bias for action and is self-motivated when addressing work tasks.
- Effective in oral and written communications at all levels and cross functionally.
- Well organized in both work habits and communications.
- Uses good time management skills.
- Works effectively in a multi-task environment.
- Executes tasks to completion within deadlines and tracks progress of on-going initiatives.
- Identifies issues and opportunities, prioritizes and successfully implements them.
- Uses a variety of cognitive skills and processes to arrive at sound decisions and solutions.
- Assimilates diverse information and proactively presents solutions through detailed analysis.
- Balances logic and intuition to arrive at well-founded decisions tempered by practicality and common sense.
- Can build productive, trusting, respectful relationships at all levels in the organization and be a team player.
- Continually strives to learn more to improve self.
- Sets high standards for self. Actively seeks continuous improvement.
- Good listener who asks questions and actively acknowledges key points.
- Proven effective management and leadership skills and style.
- Ability to lead well and work well in a multi-cultural environment.
Starting wage $12-$16 Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers health insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k)
An Equal Opportunity Employer