- Receive material and prepare it to be galvanized by hanging it on metal hooks and placing on the overhead crane either manually or by use of equipment.
- Inspect all lifting equipment prior to use (forklifts, cranes, monorails, chains, slings, etc.)
- Inspect all material before galvanizing to ensure material meets all safety guidelines.
- Examine incoming product for damage or shortages and reports issues to lead.
- Ensure all galvanized products meet quality requirements, minimize downtime, and promote efficiency and up-time.
- Read work orders/receive oral instructions for work assignments/material or equipment needs.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to materials to prepare for the galvanizing process.
- Runs, maneuvers, navigates or drives heavy equipment or mechanized equipment in the racking area, such as forklifts, cranes/overhead cranes, trucks, etc.
- Must use good judgment, follow instructions and have good problem-solving abilities.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the job.
- Count, weigh or measure incoming or outgoing items & compare against bills of lading, invoices, orders or other records.
- Move materials to and from storage or production areas by hand or using forklifts
- Attach identifying tags to the product or mark identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine assignments, material & equipment needs.
- Record number of units handled or moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Adhere to established housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor/management.
- Ability to read and write in English highly preferred.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to obtain crane/forklift certification.
- Prior Galvanizing experience is desired but not a requirement.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds on a regular basis.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials.
- Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness, and a safety-minded individual.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to extreme temperatures.
- Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time, pay attention to details and multi-task.
- Good communication skills, including reading, writing and speaking English.
- Ability to identify, define and resolve problems; work well with people in other positions and a team player.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs, and effectiveness of work.
- Continually strives to learn more to improve self. Sets high standards for both work and interpersonal work relationships and is a good listener, ask questions. Knowledge of general safety and quality expectations.
Starting wage $12.50 to $16 per hour depending on experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers standard benefits package including paid time off.