Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC - Machine Operator
|Company||Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC|
|Date Opened||5/12/2021 1:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/11/2021 11:59:00 PM|
in cooperation with
Spartanburg Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and training for
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC is launching a new facility in Cherokee County. Designed to protect steel against rust and other corrosion, the hot-dip galvanizing operation will be an environmentally-friendly, zero-emission operation. We are seeking qualified candidates for the start-up of our new facility in Blacksburg.
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Machine Operator - 1st Shift
- Set up machine, making adjustments for each job
- Set stops or guides to specified lengths
- Use measurement tools to ensure accuracy
- Read and understand written instructions
- Operate equipment safely
- Maintains equipment and ensures work area is clean and safe at all times
- Accurately complete paperwork
- Inspect all equipment prior to use
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Adhere to established housekeeping standards.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Management.
- Ability to read and write in English highly preferred.
- Basic math skills
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience in machine operating is highly preferred.
- Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body
- Must be able to work in an industrial environment for long shifts, including weekends as needed.
- Must be able to work in an open environment exposed to temperatures.
- Ability to pay attention to details and multi-task as well as identify, define, and resolve problems.
- Good communication skills and ability to work well with people in many positions.
- Actively seeks and supports continuous improvement activities in process efficiencies, costs and effectiveness of work.
- Knowledge of general safety guidelines and quality expectations and application in the workplace.
Starting wage: Commensurate with experience.
Steel Creek Galvanizing, LLC offers health insurance benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k)
An Equal Opportunity Employer