Caterpillar - Quality Specialist
|Date Opened||10/12/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/16/2018 09:00:00 AM|
in cooperation with
Piedmont Technical College
will conduct a Special Training Program for:
For 90 years, Caterpillar Inc. has been making sustainable progress possible and driving positive change on every continent. Customers turn to Caterpillar to help them develop infrastructure, energy and natural resource assets. With 2017 sales and revenues of $45.46 billion, Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. The company principally operates through its three product segments - Construction Industries, Resource Industries and Energy & Transportation - and also provides financing and related services through its Financial Products segment.
Potential employment opportunities exist in Hodges, SC for:
At the Hodges Casting Products you will be responsible for audits where you will analyze special problems arising from faulty methods and recommend corrective measures. You will also be responsible for meeting all safety, quality and productivity standards.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing a variety of inspection functions to check quality and accuracy of in-process parts
- Inspecting and accepting and/or rejecting purchased gauges or gaging equipment
- Analyzing special problems arising from faulty methods
- Performing salvage weld operations on miscellaneous parts
- Laying out parts using advanced mathematical calculations and precision inspection equipment
Qualifications and requirements include:
- Minimum 1 year of previous manufacturing experience
Top candidates will also have:
- Previous quality experience
- Previous assembly or machine operating experience
- Forklift Certification
- Ability to work various shifts and flexible hours
- Operate equipment including forklift, man lift, maintenance truck, snow plow truck, Tractor license will be required
- Noise levels of 85db or greater
- Operate overhead cranes, jib cranes and hoists
- Ability to read and interpret prints.
- Lift up to 35lbs frequently
- Work at multiple heights
- Climb on equipment, machines, ladders, man lifts and various step stools
- Stand for a minimum of 10 hour shifts with minimal breaks
- Work various shifts and workday schedules including nights and weekends
- Work in environment with frequently changing temperatures and all weather conditions
- Exposure to magnets that may impact medical devices
- Kneel, squat, and crawl on knees
- Work in awkward positions, including forward reach, lateral reach, squat, overhead reaching, twisting and forward head and rotation of neck.
- Work in tight spaces
- Repetitive grasping, pushing, pulling rotating
- Use of fine motor skills
- Use of maintenance hand tools
- Required Personal Protective Equipment: hearing protection, safety glasses, steel toed/metatarsal foot gear, and protective clothing and equipment including shock resistant gloves, fall restraint harnesses, jackets, chaps, helmet, grinding shield, etc.
Positions are for 1st shift
Positions are in Hodges, South Carolina
Starting wages will range from $17.93-$22.77 based on qualifications and/or experience
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position
Please ensure you frequently check the e-mail account you provided on your application, including the spam/junk folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers.
Apply online at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers
Clicking here will take you to another site to apply.
Or at your local SC Works office
An Equal Opportunity Employer