RePower South - Lead Operator
|Date Opened||1/8/2019 08:00:00 AM|
In Cooperation with
Trident Technical College
is assisting with the recruitment and on-the-job training for
Potential employment opportunities exist for:
Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, RPS delivers long-term, economically sustainable recycling, waste recovery, and clean energy solutions to communities, industries and consumers. Together with our technology and equipment partners—Accordant Energy, LLC; Loesche Energy Systems and Bulk Handling Systems—RPS’ mission is to positively impact communities and protect the earth by disrupting the traditional approach to recycling, landfilling and producing clean fuel while creating sustainable, green jobs.
Position Description: Under the direction of the Supervisor readies the BHS and Loesche systems from both the mezzanine control room and production floor in order to provide a safe and orderly environment of the recycling and recovery facility by performing the following duties to ensure throughput, quality recycling bales, and quality fuel production with the use of teamwork.
Responsibilities / Job Duties / Tasks:
· Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
· Responsibilities include promoting safety, teamwork, quality and production.
· Operates the control room in accordance with the Operations and Maintenance Manual.
· Monitors all systems to ensure maximum productivity of the plant.
· Continually monitors quality checkpoints and makes appropriate adjustments.
· Makes adjustments to the speed of conveyors, elevation of screens, and air to ensure end product meets quality standards.
· Completes systems check list as required. Communicates system performance.
· Works with Maintenance Team to solve equipment issues.
· Runs out all debris remaining from screen cleaning from previous shift.
· Readies the BHS and Loesche systems for production at scheduled start time. Start system in order to check for mechanical or electrical issues/concerns. Checks material quality at start up and makes appropriate adjustments.
· Shuts down machine at the end of the shift. Ensures that all local breakers are locked out and tagged. ALL Lock Out/Tag Out procedures are to be followed.
· Assists in daily cleaning of all areas as assigned by the supervisor, to include but not limited to: NRT’s, Screens, drum and decks. Remain until all cleaning is completed or released.
· Complete a safety walk through to insure that all employees are accounted for and that no one is in the screens, NRT’s or the metering bin.
· Is a champion of safety programs within the RePower South organization. Leads by example by wearing/using all required PPE at all times.
· Works well with others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Education/Experience: Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in manufacturing, operations, electrical or construction required. Must be able to operate a computer.
· Must be a safety-oriented person able to maintain focus in a fast-paced environment with the ability to accurately follow verbal and written direction.
· Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Math Ability: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as percentages.
· Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Company reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.
***An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V***
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Contact us via conventional means.||You may contact us by e-mail at readySCSupport@sctechsystem.edu, or apply for a job in person at your local Department of Employment and Workforce office. Locate your nearest office.|