$36.65-$44.55 Hourly / $6,353.00-$7,722.00 Monthly / $76,232.00-$92,664.00 Yearly
1. Provides public with information concerning MUNI fares, routes, schedules, and other connecting transit services, by speaking to patrons at the station and via a public address system, so that the flow of patrons will be smooth; includes assisting elderly and disabled persons.
2. Maintains order at assigned station, by monitoring patron activities and by taking appropriate action when fare evasion or other illegal activities are observed in order to maintain the safety of the public.
3. Responds to patrons complaints and requests for assistance by explaining and demonstrating the proper use of station fare equipment as well as explaining rules, procedures, policies.
4. Performs routine checks on escalators and elevators and fare collection equipment to ensure smooth operation. This includes performing troubleshooting of the fare collection equipment.
5. Uses monitoring equipment including display devices, communication equipment, fare collection equipment, and conveyance equipment by watching display monitors making visual checks to ensure proper service
6. Responds appropriately in emergency situations by contacting Central Control, and then initiating appropriate response such as crowd control and/or station evacuation; activates/ensures proper operation of the fan control system (may be required to enter track-way/catwalk); performs minor fire suppression. In addition, requests appropriate professional and/or medical assistance for sick, injured or violent persons, so that corrective action can be taken to ensure the safety of the public; and MUNI employees and assets.
7. Completes forms and reports as required, in order to maintain records and information; includes accident reports for claims department, reports for supplies and maintenance, and unusual occurrence reports. This includes lifting boxes of transit timetables, transfers, brochures, and other printed matter.
8. Opens and closes assigned station by manipulation of gate assemblies and the preparation of station equipment for revenue service. This includes the turning on and off of conveyance and surveillance equipment; preparing revenue collection equipment, and performing safety checks of the station.
Two (2) years of verifiable work experience in a job requiring extensive public contact with a major portion of the duties dealing with complaints and inquiries.
Some positions may require computer knowledge.