1052 Product Management IS Business Analyst
|Date Opened||6/14/2019 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42.89 - $53.94/hour; $7,434.00 - $9,349.00/month; $89,206.00 - $112,190.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
This announcement has been amended to reflect changes to the Certification Rule.
The City and County of San Francisco is a consolidated City and County, the only such consolidation in the State of California. The Mayor is also the County Executive and the County Board of Supervisors also acts as the City Council. Because of its unique status, the government of San Francisco exercises jurisdiction over property that would otherwise be located outside of its corporation limit and manages county welfare, health and justice functions under its city government.
José Cisneros is the elected Treasurer for the City and County of San Francisco. As Treasurer, he serves as the City’s banker and Chief Investment Officer, managing all tax and revenue collection for San Francisco. Appointed in 2004, and first elected in 2005, Cisneros has used his experience in the tech and banking industries to enhance and modernize taxpayer systems and successfully manage the City’s portfolio through a major recession.
- Facilitate voluntary compliance with the tax laws of the City and County of San Francisco by simplifying all processes and procedures and by providing efficient customer service.
- Collect all taxes and fees due and owing to the City.
- Conserve all City funds, prudently investing the monies to achieve low risk, high liquidity and market yield,
- Promote social responsibility with paperless eco-friendly solutions for the shared environment, and advocate financial empowerment and justice for our community.
Under the direction of the Product Management Director, the 1052 IS Business Analyst (Product Management Analyst) will serve as a key resource and support product ownership for major department applications and project management of a variety of department initiatives. The position will facilitate the successful planning, execution, and management of project deliverables and risks from requirements to rollout of assigned projects, and the ongoing ownership of the resulting products and associated processes. The position requires strong project management and communication skills. A successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter, enjoy collaborating with a diverse set of users including engineers, non-technical end users, constituents, and executives, and enjoy problem solving.
- Is a resource for and supports ownership of major department products; develops and implements modifications as necessary; maintains records of system documentation and user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Supports the monitoring of dependencies across multiple inter-related business processes and technical projects. Effectively communicates status of individual projects and broader portfolio to team, manager, and as needed to senior managers. Interfaces with functional leadership to remediate risks.
- Provides technical and analytical support to product team. Supports product team in the planning, execution, and management of project deliverables and risks; updates and maintains project schedules to ensure timely delivery, including ensuring that goals are met throughout product and project cycles.
- Conducts and supports UAT and user training across product suites. Supports and participates in the development of training content and schedules. Gathers feedback toward continuous improvement.
- Supports partnerships and collaboration with manager, IT director and senior manager to contribute to the definition, development, implementation and maintenance of the business process improvement methodology to be employed.
- Establishes and maintains healthy relationships with business units and stakeholders to serve as liaison and business partner with the business unit and as the point of contact for business and stakeholders, supporting, understanding, advising and making recommendations that align with the department mission to meet user needs.
- Collaborates with professional staff, receives and seeks opportunities to provide relevant guidance, leadership, professional development and direction; supports the coordination of teams of workers (including staff that report to other managers/supervisors) for projects and products, ensuring that policies, procedures and practices are understood and followed.
- Contributes to the development of the PMO methodology, tools and practices within the department.
- Researches and evaluates modern technologies and best practices using available resources (e.g., industry meetings, seminars, and vendor contacts); identifies opportunities for improvements through automation and process change.
- Supports the management, measurement, and performance monitoring of contractors and vendors; assists with facilitating contract payments; supports the request for proposal process and re-negotiation amendments; supports integration of vendor tasks; resolves problems.
- Supports the request for proposal process for application and product replacements.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
One (1) year in the information systems field, including technical support, content management, administration of network applications or system analysis. This must include system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and have demonstrated success with the following:
- PMP certification
- project management experience
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are being accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco. A video on “how to apply” can be found here: http://sfdhr.org/node/1178
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact Joni Kuroyama at (415) 554-4475, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applicants must upload their resume during the online application process.
Minimum Qualification Supplemental Questionnaire (Weight: Qualifying):
Candidates will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the online employment application. This Supplemental Questionnaire is designed to obtain specific information regarding an applicant's experience in relation to the Minimum Qualifications for this position. Applicants must also complete the official application. It is essential that applicants provide complete information in identifying their education, experience and training. The Supplemental Questionnaire will be used to evaluate if the applicant possesses the required minimum qualifications.
The examination process shall consist of the following listed below:
Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation (Weight 100%):
Candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be sent a Supplemental Questionnaire via email after the closing of the application filing period. The Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation serves at the examination for this position and is designed to measure knowledge, skills and/or abilities in job-related areas, which may include but not limited to: Ability to collaborate, build relationships and rapport with many different types of personalities both in person and virtually; work within high performing teams in person and virtually; ability to change communication style and effectively communicate with a diverse set of users including engineers, non-technical end users, constituents, and executive management both in writing and orally; ability to communicate and manage up on deliverables and issues; ability to write clear and concise business requirements, technical specifications, procedure/training documents and presentation material; knowledge of and ability to apply the discipline of business analysis, including facilitation, visual modeling, critical thinking, problem solving and documenting (business requirements, use cases, test scripts, risk logs, issues logs, matrices, etc.).; ability to prioritize work competing requests, seeking guidance when the workload become unwieldy; ability to work through ambiguous assignments and apply sound problem-solving skills, logical reasoning and analysis to create definition, structure, scope and recommendations for issue resolution; ability to effectively prioritize the known problems and work to uncover the unknown ones; ability to develop, manage, and oversee projects from start to finish (identify opportunities for enhancement/changes as necessary); create strategic plans, project plans, timelines, and ensure key deliverables are accomplished on time; knowledge of MS Excel or MS Access at an intermediate proficiency level (in order to execute functions such as VLookup, finding and eliminating duplicate data, data normalization tasks like zero padding or stripping unwanted characters, appending data, updating data, and/or combing datasets); knowledge of and experience with tax processing systems; ability to thoughtfully manage multiple streams of information in a concise yet comprehensible manner for various levels of information.
A passing score must be achieved on the Supplemental Questionnaire Evaluation in order to continue in the selection process. Applicants will be given a deadline to return the Supplemental Questionnaire. Those who do not respond by the established deadline will not be eligible to continue in the examination process and will not be added to eligibility list resulting from this process.
Note: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed to advance through all of the steps in the selection process. Candidates must achieve a passing score on the above examination in order to be ranked on the eligible list.
The department may utilize additional position-specific selection procedures to make a final hiring decision.
The certification rule used for the ranked eligible list resulting from this examination will be the Rule of Ten Scores. Additional selection processes may be conducted by the hiring department prior to making final hiring decisions.
Eligible List/Score Report:
A confidential eligible list of applicant names that have passed the civil service examination process will be created, and used for certification purposes only. An examination score report will be established, so applicants can view the ranks, final scores and number of eligible candidates. Applicant information, including names of applicants on the eligible list, shall not be made public unless required by law. However, an eligible list shall be made available for public inspection, upon request, once the eligible list is exhausted or expired and referrals resolved. The eligible list/score report resulting from this civil service examination process is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be 6 months, and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list/score report resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see https://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files/documents/ASO-Level-Chart.pdf?documentID=21246.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Position Based Testing information can be found at:
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams can be found at:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#veteranspreference
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or a hard copy may be obtained at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents: Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned. Information regarding this can be found at:
Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States. More information can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#identification
Terms of the Announcement: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#announcementsdefinitions
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
Exam Type: COMBINED PROMOTIVE & ENTRANCE
Micki Callahan, Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment Number: PBT-1052-097698
Issued: June 14, 2019; amended 6/27/19.
TTX/JK (415) 554-4475
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.