1054 IS Business Analyst-Principal
Security System Administrator
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||6/6/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/19/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$116,064.00 - $146,016.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
AND REFECT CHANGES TO MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS,
APPLICANTS WHO PREVIOUSLY APPLIED NEED NOT REAPPLY
This is a Position Based Test administered in accordance with Civil Service Rule 111A.
Who are we?
SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (SFPUC)
Headquartered in San Francisco, we have 2,300 employees working in seven counties with a combined annual operating budget of over $900 million.
OUR MISSION: to provide our customers with high quality, efficient, and reliable water, power and wastewater services in a manner that is inclusive of environmental and community interests, and that sustains the resources entrusted to our care.
OUR VISION: We are an innovative utility leader, recognize for excellent results in service, safety, stewardship, and inclusiveness.
We are an award-winning and industry-leading utilities organization committed to our customers, community interests, and the environment. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.sfwater.org
Under direction from the SFPUC Security and Asset Protection Manager, the 1054 Security System Administrator performs complex technical, analytical and data-driven work to ensure the continuity and maintenance of the SFPUC Access Control/Alarm Monitoring and Video Surveillance Systems – herein referred to as Security Systems. This position serves as the lead administrator for facility security access control, maintains cardholders and records, and oversees all security footage and alarm monitoring functions. This position liaises and coordinates directly with SFPUC Information Technology personnel to maintain and upgrade security system hardware, software, network configurations and other required technology. This position coordinates security system troubleshooting and is the lead liaison between the SFPUC and its contracted security design teams and integrator(s).
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
According to Civil Service Commission Rule 109, the duties specified below are representative of the range of duties assigned to this job code/class and are not intended to be an inclusive list.
• Administers and supports security system access control system(s), including maintenance of card holders, badges, access levels and records
• Administers, configures and maintains Lenel OnGuard and Milestone video surveillance systems, including basic monitoring of surveillance cameras feeds, network video recorder (NVR) performance and NVR storage capacity.
• Liaises directly with representatives of each SFPUC Enterprise and Division for security access control levels and approvals, video footage review and monitoring, alarm monitoring and response, and scheduled maintenance of regional servers to be performed by SFPUC Information Technology Services.
• Coordinates with other IS Business Analysts or IS Engineers as necessary for security system configuration, assessments, troubleshooting, equipment and software installation, and ongoing system maintenance.
• Runs diagnostic reports on security system applications running on SFPUC Information Technology servers, cameras and card readers; initiates, exports and analyzes security system report data.
• Conducts and coordinates assessments and troubleshooting of security system surveillance cameras, card readers, doors, access control panels, and basic network components.
• Designs and standardizes system badge types.
• Maintains accurate security system asset inventory across all SFPUC facilities, including security access panels, card readers and surveillance cameras and ensures nomenclature for all components are tracked and consistent with SFPUC standards.
• Coordinates and oversees all security system hardware and software replacement, repairs and upgrades.
• Conducts security needs assessments at SFPUC sites.
• Develops, maintains and manages the security system integration contract(s).
• Reviews and revises SFPUC security standards and specifications in SFPUC design plans for renovations, new construction or integration projects as needed; develops or modifies system design in coordination with ITS and third-party design firms as appropriate.
• Develops, implements and enforces security system policies and procedures.
• Acts as lead owner of the Physical Access Control System (PACS) for NERC/CIP compliance.
• Identifies opportunities for system improvement through automation; makes recommendations for new procedures and applications.
• Analyzes the feasibility of and develop requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems; prepare cost estimates and schedules for modifications; set scope, boundaries and objectives for system' functions and interfaces based on departmental needs.
• Manages and monitors access of contractors and vendors; verifies continued card holder access needs for all non-SFPUC employees on a quarterly or as-needed basis.
The position will be located at 525 Golden Gate Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102 10th Floor.
An associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]; AND
Five (5) years of experience in the information systems field, including system analysis, business process design, development and implementation of business application solutions or IT project management.
SUBSTITUTION: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
• Professional experience with Lenel OnGuard or equivalent security system.
• Professional experience with Milestone Video Management Software or equivalent.
• At least two years of hands-on experience and knowledge of surveillance core components, such as Network Video Recorders, IP cameras, door hardware, access panels, and card readers.
• Basic working knowledge of local area networks (LAN) devices such as network switches, CAT6 and fiber patch panels.
• Knowledge of establishing and maintaining technical and physical controls necessary to protect enterprise-class systems.
• Experience in design, construction and management of operational infrastructure.
• Strong written, oral, listening and analytical skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong communications and problem-solving skills, including the ability to interact with clients in a professional and effective manner.
Verification: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Verification of required work experience typically must be on the employer’s letterhead, and must include the applicant’s name, job title, description of job duties, dates of employment, hours per week, and signature of the employer, supervisor, or appropriate representative. Employees of the City and County of San Francisco may submit performance evaluations showing duties performed to verify qualifying City experience. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee's class will be allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Commission Rules. CCSF employees will not receive credit for experience obtained outside of their classification unless recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Rule 110.9.1/111A.11.2.
Experience claimed in self-employment will only be accepted if supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to minimum qualifications above. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupation and total earnings must be submitted.
Verification of required valid licensure/certification typically must be a photocopy of the license/certificate including the name of the issuing agency as well as the name of the license/certificate holder, license/certificate number, and expiration date.
How To Apply
Select the desired job announcement
Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously” Follow instructions on the screen
Need help completing the application?
Computers are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
We communicate by email:
You may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is your responsibility to ensure that your registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, you must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on your computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, you should set up your email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: @sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu. You will receive a confirmation email that your online application has been received in response to every announcement for which you apply. You should retain the confirmation email for your records. Failure to receive the email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
Word of advice:
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Have questions about the application process?
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Jonathan Pettey by telephone at 415-554-1636 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the online application process. All applicants must complete the MQSQ and it must be submitted with the application by the final filing deadline. The information provided on the MQSQ must be consistent with the information on the application and is subject to verification. Applicant responses to the MQSQ will be used to assist in determining if applicants meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE (WEIGHT: 100%)
Qualifying applicants must complete the supplemental questionnaire as part of the online application process. The purpose of the Supplemental Questionnaire is to evaluate the experience, knowledge, skills and abilities that candidates possess in job-related areas, which have been identified as critical for this position and include, but are not limited to: Knowledge of Lenel OnGuard or equivalent security system; knowledge of Milestone Video Management Software or equivalent; knowledge of surveillance core components, such as network video recorders, IP cameras, door hardware, access panels and card readers; knowledge of local area networks (LAN) devices such as network switches, CAT6 and fiber patch panels; knowledge of establishing and maintaining technical and physical controls necessary to protect enterprise-class systems; knowledge of design, construction, and management of operational infrastructure; ability in project management; ability in communications and problem-solving, including ability to interact with clients in a professional and effective manner.
A passing score must be achieved in all test components listed above in order to be placed on the Eligible List.
Candidates will be placed on the eligible list in rank order according to their final score. Candidate scores on this examination may also be applied to other announcements involving other job titles, when directed by the Human Resources Director.
The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
The certification rule for the ranked eligible lists resulting from this examination will be Rule of Three (3) Scores. The department may administer additional position-specific selection procedures to make final hiring decisions.
A confidential eligible list of applicant names that have passed the civil service examination process will be created, and used for certification purposes only. An examination score report will be established, so applicants can view the ranks, final scores and number of eligible candidates. Applicant information, including names of applicants on the eligible list, shall not be made public unless required by law. However, an eligible list shall be made available for public inspection, upon request, once the eligible list is exhausted or expired and referrals resolved. The eligible list/score report resulting from this civil service examination process is subject to change after adoption (e.g., as a result of appeals), as directed by the Human Resources Director or the Civil Service Commission.
The duration of the eligible list resulting from this examination process will be 12 months and may be extended with the approval of the Human Resources Director.
Upon approval of the Human Resource Director (see Civil Service Rule 111A.26.5), the eligible list/score report resulting from this announcement may be used by other departments that also use this classification or a similar classification. To find other Departments which use this classification, please see https://sfdhr.org/sites/default/files/documents/ASO-Level-Chart.pdf?documentID=21246
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement including requirements, time periods, and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state, or local laws, rules, or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf. The terms of this announcement may be appealed under Civil Service Rule 111A.35.1. The standard for the review of such appeals is ‘abuse of discretion’ or ‘no rational basis’ for establishing the position description, the minimum qualifications and/or the certification rule. Appeals must include a written statement of the item(s) being contested and the specific reason(s) why the cited item(s) constitute(s) abuse of discretion by the Human Resources Director. Appeals must be submitted directly to the Executive Officer of the Civil Service Commission within five business days of the announcement issuance date.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Veteran’s Preference documentation must be submitted at the time of filing to be considered. Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Seniority Credit in Promotional Exams: Information regarding seniority credit can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#senioritycredit
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Terms of Announcement:
Copies of Application Documents:
Right to Work:
Driver's License requirement:
THE CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Announcement extended and MQs changed 07/02/2019
Announcement extended 06/20/2019
Combined Entrance and Promotive - 1054
Recruitment No.: PBT-1054-093541
Micki Callahan, Director
Department of Human Resources
Team: PUC/JP 415.554.1636
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.