5602 Utility Specialist
Origination and Power
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||1/22/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/2/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$49.74 - $73.54/hour; $8,621.00 - $12,747.00/month; $103,454.00 - $152,958.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent PBT|
- Manage procurement of short-term and long-term energy contracts.
- Develop and issue RFPs for energy purchases.
- Develop analytical and predictive models; incorporates results of analyses into proposals/recommendations and reports; develop presentations; conduct a wide variety of analytical studies related to assessment of operational effectiveness and other complex studies as assigned.
- Directly negotiates, develops and manages professional service contracts, rates and service terms; provides negotiation support on division-wide multi-year contracts; establishes rate policies and negotiating parameters for short-term purchase and sale transactions and agreements; meets and negotiates with energy suppliers.
- Liaison with Power Enterprise work groups and City Attorney.
- Communicate technical ideas and concepts to business users, vendors, and to non-technical persons.
- Supervise Utility Analysts and other technical personnel and provides technical support and expertise for assigned specialty area.
- Monitor operations to ensure compliance with policy directives, laws, regulations and contractual constraints.
- Identify operational constraints and develops, evaluates or recommends policies and procedures to improve operations, mitigate risks, increase revenues and decrease costs.
- Develop, implement and maintains database systems for power supply contracts, portfolio positions, energy consumption and other data
- Class 5602 Utility Specialist performs other related duties as required.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferably with major coursework in Law, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Natural Resources, Computer Science, Business Administration, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or other field related to the utility business; AND
- Four years (4) of verifiable journey-level work experience in one or more of the following areas: planning, scheduling, cost estimating and resource projecting for mid to large scale projects; water supply management and planning; power operations planning and scheduling; analysis, interpretation and application of utility contracts and regulations in either water, power (electric and/or natural gas), telecommunications, or a wastewater program; utility market and environmental analysis and planning; power supply and transmission rates and contracts; generation, transmission or distribution planning and design; or long-term utility systems planning
- Twelve (12) months of verifiable experience in the Energy Market
- Twelve (12) months verifiable experience in the Electricity Sector/Energy Market
- Experience in energy data analytics, power project valuations, decision analysis and standard energy modeling and simulation software packages and an understanding of wholesale energy market and trading concepts
- Degree in engineering, economics or business administration
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
How To Apply
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|