1063 IS Programmer Analyst-Senior
|Department||Community College District|
|Date Opened||1/17/2020 08:00:00 AM|
|Job Type||None - NON-PUBLIC|
1. Design, program, maintain, and debug existing programs and data structures to meet end user needs; provide for proper maintenance of assigned programs; identify increased reporting capability, records maintenance and/or data manipulation requirements.
2. Design, program, maintain, and analyze new programs, scripts, data structures, user business processes to accommodate current and future needs; consult with system end users to detect and define existing needs and requirements, propose and discuss alternative approaches, and resolve questions and issues; Analyze user business processes and design application/solutions to help streamline the operations; assure file conversion and cross-operating platform file manipulation as appropriate.
3. Work with Banner system supporting MIS Processing and other modules as assigned; Argos software for reporting, provide interfaces between external software systems and Banner, and other general programming duties as assigned.
4. Support users, work with users translating functional requirements into software.
5. Write code and modify programs primarily using PL/SQL on Linux platform; code and modify Linux, Windows, and web-based programs/scripts using applicable programming languages; code user interface applications for data collection and queries; code analytical and statistical applications; assure data integrity for interdepartmental reporting procedures.
6. Write and maintain Ellucian Banner system operations documentation for end users and operator and provide training if necessary; assure documentation contains steps to initiate programs and routines to remedy interruptions in program runs.
7. Assist in designing and maintaining database and file structures used by the Ellucian Banner system; establish, link, join, and relate data within tables via scripts; maintain flow charts or narrative description of program flow, purpose, and operation; examine output data from program operations to verify and assure accuracy and completeness of data.
8. Maintain permanent contact with end users from various departments to discuss and analyze Ellucian Banner system performance and efficiency; consult with end users to discuss desired system data output and user expectation; respond to diversified questions and issues from faculty and staff concerning Ellucian Banner system processes and business practices.
9. Conduct and attend meetings with consultants, ITS staff, administrators, and other staff as needed; Consult with Information Technology Services staff regarding system design, problems and developments, and other related matters.
10. Maintain current knowledge of developments, issues, and advancements in data processing equipment, software, and programming.
11. Detect, analyze, and define data needs for various organizations in the College; collect, process, and employ end user inputs, information, or other data to determine Ellucian Banner system needs and requirements.
12. Coordinate and guide the work of lower level functional users and technical staff in using applications and provide training if necessary.
13. Support CCSF by providing technical assistance in computer software applications and data analysis.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of Oracle, PLSQL, SQL, Linux/Unix, SQL Developer and/or other IDE Tools.
3. At least 2 year experience working with Banner or other ERP systems.
4. Experience working in a higher education environment.
5. Experience with developing and supporting web-based application tools.
6. Familiarity with SFTP, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS and other Web-based protocols and programs; Telnet and SSH for Windows and Unix/Linux platforms.
7. Knowledge of the principles and practices of systems and applications programming.
8. Good interpersonal skills.
These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
An associate degree in computer science or closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
Three (3) years of experience in application or software development or programming
License and Certification:
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
Work experience with the District as a College Work Study student or Lab Aide
(3591) Classification will not be considered or applied as qualifying
How To Apply
1. Completion of online application. Start process by clicking on the “Apply for this Position” button at the top of this page; AND
2. A letter expressing interest in the position specifically indicating how you meet the Minimum and Desirable Qualifications as listed in this announcement and identifying the department above; AND
3. A current resume summarizing educational background and related work experience; AND if applicable for meeting minimum qualifications;
4. Educational Verification: Verification of qualifying education must include copies of transcripts, diplomas or certificates posting your degree(s) and Major(s). If verification cannot be obtained, the applicant must submit a signed statement with the application explaining why such verification cannot be obtained. Requests for waiver will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Foreign degree(s)/coursework used as qualifying to meet minimum qualifications must be evaluated by a foreign degree evaluation services organization, before an application can be processed. Please contact the CCSF Human Resources Department at (415) 452-7660 for evaluation sources. Failure to submit the required verification or request for waiver with the application at the time of filing will result in rejection of the application.
Verification of Experience: Verification may be requested at any time during this recruitment and selection process. If requested, verification of experience needed to qualify must be submitted on the employer’s letterhead and indicate the name of the applicant, job title, dates of employment, hours/week, and duties performed and must be signed by the supervisor and/or appropriate company representative.
Verification of experience may be waived if
impossible to obtain. The applicant must submit a signed statement with the
application explaining why verification cannot be obtained. Waiver requests
will be considered on an case-by-case basis. Failure to submit the required
verification or request for a waiver at the time of verification is requested
may result in the rejection of the application.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Issued: January 17, 2020
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1063-103314
CCD/ ER /(415) 452-7722
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|