1063 PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst
PeopleSoft Programmer Analyst
|Date Opened||3/23/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$46.80 - $58.91/hour; $8,112.00 - $10,212.00/month; $97,344.00 - $122,538.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Overview: The Controller's Office manages the following enterprise-wide systems for the City: PeopleSoft Financials & Supply Chain Management, PeopleSoft Human Capital Management, PeopleSoft Enterprise Learning Management, PeopleSoft Interaction Hub, Cognos Business Intelligence, and Informatica. For our PeopleSoft systems, we strive to keep updating to the latest version of the applications and People Tools.
The Controller’s Office is committed to enhancing and expanding application functionality to better support our users’ changing needs. Over the last 5-year period, we have launched new applications and products that have greatly increased and diversified our user base and amplified the need to improve how we assist our business partners to drive stakeholder value and desired business outcomes.
Programmer Analyst reports to the Technical Development Lead and is a part
of the Development Team in the Systems Division.
Essential duties for this job include but are not limited to:
- Perform technical design, development & unit testing of Reports, Interfaces, Conversions, Enhancements and Workflows. Design, code, test & debug programs and implement customizations including pages, people code, menus, components, processes/batch jobs, reports and queries for PeopleSoft ERP based Citywide systems and for special projects. Prepare technical design & unit testing documentation related to programming.
- Code and test data interface modules between internal and external systems using interface-appropriate communications tools like IB, application messages, web services, application engine and SQR. Conduct code reviews of own and peer work.
- Analyze, research and repair program logic and systems; modify program logic; analyze service requests for system changes or new requirements; assist peers in diagnosing program failures.
- Provide assistance to staff in the analysis and determination of appropriate action to respond to service requests and problem reports.
- Provide regular and accurate reports including progress updates on assigned tasks; ensure program specifications are complete; produce basic components such as program overview, listing of files, related programs and sub-programs, charts, and screen flow diagrams, to ensure complete programming.
- Analyze and resolve system problems; develop and implement solutions; resolve technical problems. Detect, identify, and correct software deficiencies; providing detailed research including trace files and components affected for bugs reported in the PeopleSoft application.
These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
An associate degree in computer science or closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
· Three (3) years of experience in application or software development or programming.
License and Certification:
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience working with structure design techniques, including data models; programming & writing technical design specifications for customizations & enhancements, reports, interfaces, workflows, or data conversion in a PeopleSoft environment. This experience must include the following:
- Three (3) years of technical design and development experience with PeopleSoft Development Tools (People Tools 8.5x, Application Designer, People Code, Application Engine, Process Scheduler and PeopleSoft Query);
- Three (3) years of experience writing complex SQL on Oracle relational databases;
- Two (2) years of experience in PeopleSoft Financials & Supply Chain (FSCM) or PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) system and module functionality, fit/gap analysis, customization, and testing strategies;
- One (1) year of technical design and development experience with Integration Broker, Component Interface, Approval Workflow Engine (AWE), Application Packages and XML Publisher Reports.
- One (1) year of experience working with structure design techniques, including data models; writing technical design specifications for customizations, reports, interfaces, or data conversion in a PeopleSoft environment
- One (1) year of experience writing SQL on Oracle relational databases.
- Fluid development experience.
- Experience with live production support of PeopleSoft FSCM or HCM Systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot, analyze and research PeopleSoft FSCM or HCM System related issues and problems.
How To Apply
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|