1093 IT Operations Support Administrator III - HSA
|Department||Human Services Agency|
|Date Opened||1/7/2019 09:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/29/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$38.99 - $48.31/hour; $6,758.00 - $8,374.00/month; $81,094.00 - $100,490.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
AMENDED AND EXTENDED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY
This announcement has been amended and extended to reflect changes with the filing deadline. Applicants who already applied under Recruitment PEX-1093-091273 during the filing period January 7, 2019 through January 22, 2019 need not reapply and will be included in the applicant pool.
1/22/19: Extended application deadline to January 29, 2019
Permanent Exempt appointment not to exceed three (3) years – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
WHO WE ARE
The Human Services Agency (HSA) is a department of the City and County of San Francisco and the central resource for public assistance in the City. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco. HSA was formed in 2004 with the merger of two previously existing city departments, the Department of Human Services and the Department of Aging and Adult Services. The agency retains two commissions and two department heads. The agency also includes the Office of Early Care and Education. Our mission is to promote well-being and self-sufficiency among individuals, families and communities in San Francisco.
WHAT WE DO
We provide a safety net for individuals and families by offering income support, community-based living supports, and assistance getting food, housing, and health coverage. We offer programs and services that ensure the protection and safety of children, the elderly and dependent adults. We help people secure employment through training, job search, and child care assistance.
Under general direction, performs the full range of technical support and system administration which includes: monitor, operate and enhance moderately complex desktop computers with different and distinct platforms, including desktop operating systems, imaging systems and mobile technologies to insure proper functioning; and recommend solutions to correct malfunctions. Provide technical assistance to users; escalate and coordinate problem resolution activities; consult on feasibility, costs and benefits of additions or enhancements; perform help-desk functions. Administer remote logons system securities, data transfers, and remote activities. Research, analyze and test application or system software for compatibility and capability to specific job applications and assignments; may recommend hardware and software purchases. Research, analyze and test application or system software for compatibility and capability to specific job applications and assignments; may recommend hardware and software purchases.
1. Track, document interruption of service, coordinate the resolution of technical and operational problems for users and technical staff relating to hardware, software and telecommunications; classify, compute and tabulate data following prescribed plans; produce ad-hoc reports to document activities of each shift.
2. Troubleshoot a variety of peripherals via network or telephone for the outside user community and resolve hardware problems; escalate and dispatch engineers or field service vendors when onsite service is required.
3. Provide technical assistance to users at various remote locations throughout HSA; access user’s computers through VNC (virtual network computing) technology to diagnose computer problems and to install software updates.
4. Analyze problem reports from users determining their possible cause and initiating required action; ensure resources are being focused on problems having the most significant impact on any system.
5. Issue alerts advising users in advance of all scheduled computer downtimes; answer inquiries when unanticipated failures occur in the Data Center; interact with systems and network engineering staff, administrator staff, user community and vendors in determining and communicating needs; maintain timely communication with all levels of staff, managers and escalate problem notifications as appropriate.
6. Establish, maintain and administer Office 365 Exchange mailboxes, user accounts, and distribution groups; analyze and resolve email deliverability problems.
7. Respond to requests in a friendly, cooperative manner; provide superior customer service and strive to improve and enhance the department's support functions.
8. Respond to more complex application issues for clients. Identify problems, coordinates appropriate action and communication.
9. Lead Service Desk Team.
10. Implement training solutions to maintain and increase staff technical competency.
Possession of an associate degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field]
Three (3) years of experience performing analysis, installation, and technical support in a network environment.
In addition to the Minimum Qualifications above, applicants must have the following experience in order to qualify:
The below minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
1. Three (3) years of recent and verifiable experience in Customer Support for IT Department
2. Three (3) years of recent and verifiable experience using the Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 operating systems in support of multi-departmental and enterprise systems, including the management of Windows services and use of Windows administrative tools
3. Three (3) years of recent and verifiable experience maintaining and troubleshooting PC desktops and Client Server Applications. Experience required in Windows environments.
Experience under minimum qualifications and under special conditions #1, #2, and #3 above could have been gained concurrently.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
**Applicants must meet the Minimum Qualification requirements at the time of filing**
VERIFICATION OF EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATION:
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. Refer to the following links for verification:
Verification Guidelines: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#verification
Education Verification, including verifying foreign credits or degree equivalency: http://www.sfdhr.org/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=18441
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement (PEX-1093-091273)
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
You can also watch this video for further assistance with our online application system: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-kUFHXhBjQ&feature=youtu.be
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Tamara Ranney, by telephone at 415-557-5453, or by email at email@example.com.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
GENERAL INFORMATION CONCERNING CITY AND COUNTY OF SAN FRANCISCO EMPLOYMENT POLICIES AND PROCEDURES:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
COPIES OF APPLICATION DOCUMENTS:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned. Right to Work: All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
May be corrected by the posting of the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#announcementsdefinitions
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION REQUEST:
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities
DRIVER’S LICENSE REQUIREMENT:
Most positions require a valid California driver’s license: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#license
RIGHT TO WORK:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States: https://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#identification
Exam Type: Permanent Exempt - PEX
Issued:January 7, 2019
Micki Callahan, Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1093-091273
HSA/ TR / 415-557-5453
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|