1842 Management Assistant
|Department||Community College District|
|Date Opened||10/17/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$33.52 - $40.65/hourly|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
2. Research and analyze all budget requests from funded programs and other data.
3. Monitor expenditures, funding availability and requisition status.
4. Facilitate necessary budget revisions and adjustments to serve changing needs and priorities of the department.
5. Serve as liaison between the Workforce Development Office, different CCSF programs, and the District Business Office to assist and direct departments on how to prepare and submit financial forms or statements related to Workforce and Career Education grants.
6. Create and manage an accounting database to comply with various State and Federal Report requirements.
7. Participate in project management for accountability.
8. Prepare agenda and other items as may be required for Board meetings.
9. Develop forms, gather data, and compose departmental correspondence related to the grant activity and compliance.
10. Assess departmental needs for services, equipment, materials and supplies.
11. Manage procurement, maintenance and repair of equipment and supplies, as well as all related billing transactions.
12. Provide technical assistance to department staff.
13. Respond to inquiries from departments regarding availability, access procedures, and other requirements related to Workforce and Career Education grant funds.
14. Train and supervise clerical staff.
15. Manage grant budget summaries and budget transfer forms, staff and faculty timesheets, faculty and classified assignment hiring forms, requisition for supplies and equipment, travel order and expense reimbursement, contracts for professional services, etc.
16. Train and lead the work of other support staff and student workers, including recommendation of timelines, reviewing completed work, and guiding staff on modifications to existing procedures.
17. Review office workflow for efficiency and make recommendations for modifications, including planning, creating, and implementing new and modified processes and procedures.
18. Perform other job-related duties as required.
How To Apply
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Issued: October 16, 2019
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1842-100810
SFCCD/ SY / 415-452-7731
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.