1844 - Senior Management Assistant
|Date Opened||12/7/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/2/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$42.68 - $51.88/hour; $7,397.00 - $8,992.00/month; $88,764.00 - $107,900.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development
Executive Assistant for the
Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development
Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development (MOHCD) The mission of MOHCD is to support San Franciscans with affordable housing opportunities and essential services to build strong communities. We are industry leaders in financing the development, rehabilitation and preservation of affordable housing. Through our financing, we strengthen the social, physical and economic infrastructure of San Francisco’s low-income neighborhoods and communities in need. We actively collaborate with community-based organizations, non-profits, affordable housing developers, and other City agencies and staff, in our pursuit of a more equitable and affordable San Francisco. In our hiring practices, we strive to build teams that reflect the diversity of our City and the populations we serve, and we urge qualified candidates of all races, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
Position Description This position will serve as Executive Assistant for the Mayor’s Office of Housing and Community Development, providing high-level support including but not limited to:
Key departmental communication including:
- Developing and editing PowerPoint slides for departmental presentations to key stakeholders
- Reviewing memos and documents for consistent style, typos, formatting, etc.
- Screening of certain calls and identifying/escalating important issues for the Director
Key departmental calendaring and scheduling including:
- Managing calendars for the department’s Director and certain Deputy Directors
- Calendaring for MOHCD/Mayoral events (e.g., groundbreakings, grand openings, etc.)
- Schedule coordination for meetings with key stakeholders including the Mayor and members of the Board of Supervisors, as well as for department-wide events
General Administration Support, including
- Assisting in the coordination of MOHCD events
- Addressing copier room and supply room needs
- Booking air travel and coordinating reimbursements for Executive staff
- Coordinating office organization efforts such as management and off-siting of files
- Supervising other admin staff, as requested
Desirable qualifications include:
- Exceptionally organized and thorough
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Skilled at knowing what and when to escalate or ask for help
- Calm and effective in an environment which is often fast-paced and unpredictable
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Expert at Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience at event planning
Desirable Qualifications: The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
Possession of a Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in public or business administration, accounting, finance, economics, social sciences, education or related fields, or other subject areas closely related to a specific departmental program or function; AND
2a. Three (3) years full-time equivalent experience performing professional-level management and/or administrative duties in functional areas such as: program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, development and administration of contractual agreements and/or grants, or other closely related functional areas;
Substitution: Applicants may substitute up to 2 years of the required education with additional qualifying experience in program/office/operations management, budget development and/or administration, or contract/grant administration. One year (2000 hours) of additional qualifying experience will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units. License or Certificate.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Karen Henderson by telephone at 415-701-5557, or by email at Karen.email@example.com
Important Information: Attach a PDF copy of your resume and cover letter to your online application. You may attach both documents as one (1) document.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at:
Exam Type: Permanent Exempt
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: PEX-1844-101552
Mayor's Office of Housing and Community Development/ KH/ 415-701-5557
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.