5504 Project Manager 2 (Central Subway)
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||11/10/2017 3:30:00 PM|
|Salary||$158,418.00 - $158,418.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited.
Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
APPLICANTS ARE ENCOURAGED TO FILE IMMEDIATELY AS THIS RECRUITMENT MAY CLOSE AT ANY TIME BUT NO EARLIER THAN DECEMBER 1, 2017.
Division: Central Subway Program
Work Location: 530 Bush Street, Suite 400, San Francisco, CA
Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt, Full Time not to exceed three (3) years – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Under general administrative direction, the Project Manager II will plan, organize, direct, and manage startup and testing responsibilities for the Central Subway Project. The Project Manager is directly responsible, with assistance from staff of engineers and construction team, for performing functions necessary to ensure the finish products as required by Federal Transportation Administration (FTA), City and County of San Francisco and other agencies who will be responsible for the certification of this work. Essential duties include review and approval of Rail Activation Plan (RAP), Startup and Testing Plan, Safety and Security Certifiable Plan and lead the Rail Activation Committee. In addition, the Project Manager will be responsible for developing and reviewing the startup and testing schedule, coordinating with Operations for testing activities, providing oversight for startup and testing construction activities and assisting the Construction Management team in meeting the startup and testing deliverables.
Nature of Work: The position has a rotating schedule that requires working weekends and nights on an as-needed basis. Additionally, working in confined spaces, stooping, squatting, crawling, climbing, travel and exposure to noise, fumes, and inclement weather is required on an as-needed basis.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture or planning plus six (6) years of responsible engineering, architectural, or construction management experience; OR
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in another field, plus eight (8) years of responsible experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
- Ten (10) years engineering, architectural, or construction management experience in a field directly related to the project; OR
- Valid California Registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect, plus two (2) years of project coordination experience or resident engineer experience.
- Ability to complete work efficiently, on schedule and within budget.
- Knowledge of the need to understand the schedule constraints and what elements should be included in the project scope.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills that are critical to obtaining approvals, and managing the budget, schedule, and multidisciplinary engineering, procurement, and construction teams.
- Understanding of engineering and/or project management principles, contract law, budgeting, negotiations, planning, supervising others, and experience making public presentations.
- Ability to work and coordinate with other divisions to meet project deadlines.
- Knowledge of startup and testing procedures and / or have worked on startup and testing projects.
HOW TO APPLY:
City and County of San Francisco employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. A resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications must be attached to the online application. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to begin the application process.
- Click and select 5504 Project Manager 2 (Central Subway) (PEX-5504-081226)
- Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
To submit resume using the online application:
- Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
- Follow instructions given on the screen
To submit cover letter using the online application:
- Select the “Other” tab in the online application
- Choose “Upload” as your method of submittal
- Click on “Upload Attachment”
- Follow instructions given on the screen
If you are having trouble attaching your resume and cover letter to the online application, you may submit by fax to (415) 581-5120, ATTN: 5504 Project Manager 2 (Central Subway) (PEX-5504-081226). Résumé will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application.
Computer kiosks are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to file online applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco and in the lobby of SFMTA Human Resources office, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by e-mail. It is their responsibility to ensure that their registered e-mail address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 701-5038 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst, Vivian Wu, by telephone at (415) 701-5038 or by email at Vivian.Wu@sfmta.com.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point in the application and/or departmental selection process. Written verification (proof) of qualifying experience must verify that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications stated on the examination announcement. Written verification must be submitted on employer’s official letterhead, specifying dates of employment, types of employment (part-time/full-time), job title(s), description of duties performed, and the verification must be signed by the employer. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which they are appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will be allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Rules. Experience claimed in self-employment must be supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to the minimum qualifications of the position. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupations and total earnings must be submitted. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at (415) 701-5038 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 701-5043 (TTY) or in writing to the SFMTA Human Resources, HR Operations Section, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 (specify Class 5504).
Applicants are responsible for updating their email address or mailing address. Contact Information must be updated online at http://www.jobaps.com/sf by clicking on “Update My Contact Info” and logging into your account. If updating contact information online, applicants must contact the analyst at (415) 701-5038 immediately to inform them of the change. Failure to do so may result in the loss of eligibility.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|