7263 Maintenance Manager
|Department||Public Utilities Commission|
|Date Opened||6/4/2021 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/11/2021 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$56.94 - $69.18/hour; $9,869.00 - $11,990.00/month; $118,430.00 - $143,884.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
1. Assists in the preparation of maintenance and repair objectives, policies and procedures.
2. Ensures that maintenance, repair and operations are performed in accordance with approved policies and practices; confers with craft supervisors and maintenance planners regarding technical problems; reviews and prepares various control reports regarding project status, work projections, maintenance procedures and material use; visits work sites to ensure efficient and effective use of time, material and equipment.
3. Assists in developing, implementing and revising an on-going deferred maintenance program; assists in compiling information for the annual division budget.
4. Supervises personnel engaged in emergency maintenance dispatch and the preparation of labor, materials, and equipment estimates; assigns and reviews work; ensures subordinates development and advancement through effective use of training and employee development programs.
5. Coordinates the completion of maintenance and repair projects, and investigates, resolves and responds to complaints; confers with site administrators, division heads, craft supervisors, vendors, and contractors; prepares correspondence regarding complaints.
6. Develops and enforces work standards and guidelines to be applied in maintenance planning; researches and analyzes existing documentation and newly developed techniques, prepares formal standards and procedures manuals.
7. Directs the work of subordinate craft supervisors and workers engaged in maintenance and repair activities; assigns, reviews and approves work; evaluates the performance of subordinates; resolves craft jurisdictional disputes.
8. Investigates improved maintenance methods, materials, supplies and tools; makes recommendations regarding changes to improve work productivity.
How To Apply
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
§ Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
§ Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees required to make a member contribution towards retirement, of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.