9172 Manager II, MTA (Learning and Organizational Dev't Partner)
|Department||Municipal Transportation Agency|
|Date Opened||2/22/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$50.09 - $63.94/hour; $8,682.00 - $11,083.00/month; $104,182.00 - $132,990.00/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
The following information describes the civil service classification for which applications are being solicited. Make sure you read the entire announcement before completing the application form.
The purpose of this announcement is to fill a vacant position in this classification.
Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately as this recruitment may close at any time after 2 weeks from the date of issuance.
Division: Human Resources
Section/Unit: Learning & Organizational Development
Work Location: 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA
Appointment Type: Permanent Exempt – This position is excluded by the Charter from the competitive Civil Service examination process and shall serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
Under the direction of the Manager of Learning & Organizational Development Strategy, this position will have three primary areas of responsibility: 1) Designs and facilitates effective skills-based curriculum that changes behaviors, 2) Creates programs that move the Agency to living the following core values of respect, inclusion, and integrity, and 3) Drives employee engagement across all Divisions within the SFMTA.
This position is unique in that the Learning and Development Manager will have an opportunity to work with the entire Agency from front line staff to the executive team. The impact of their efforts will be felt within all areas of the Agency. This is an opportunity to work with all aspects of the Agency e.g. Transit, Sustainable Streets, Finance and Information Technology, Capital Projects and Construction, Taxi and Accessible Services, Marketing and Communications, System Safety, Governmental Relations and Human Resources.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
• Designs, develops, and delivers high quality training needed for organizational effectiveness and facilitates training programs for leaders and staff.
• Supports organizational development interventions across the organization within and across multiple divisions, units, and locations.
• Deploys learning and development resources as appropriate to support the learning and development strategy.
• Facilitates the consistent application and improvement of HR policies, processes, and programs.
• Develops and drives initiatives to engage employees and maintains an environment consistent with the company values.
• Supports leader effectiveness as leaders transition between roles and are promoted within the organization.
• Identifies gaps in employee development and makes recommendations to support and train employees.
• Creates systems, processes and measurements for acknowledging staff performance.
• Creates trainings to improve supervisor and manager knowledge and skills on performance coaching and conducting difficult conversations.
• Creates a culture that revolves around collaboration and effective problem resolution.
• Improves employee output by establishing best practices for leading meetings, creating ownership of assignments and celebrating successes.
• Creates a result oriented, accountable organization that does not blame others.
• Works collaboratively and empowers Chief of Staff team members.
• Demonstrates and models management and leadership best practices.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university;
2. Three (3) years of verifiable experience designing, organizing, and conducting employee training programs.
• Baccalaureate degree in Organization Development, Instructional Design (ID), Learning & Development (L&D), Business, Psychology or related field.
• Professional Certification in areas such as Organizational Development, Change Management, Instructional Design, or Coaching; any specific training certifications.
• Demonstrated emotional intelligence with all levels of the organization.
• Possession of and demonstrated excellent political acumen.
• Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
• Four (4) years of experience in curricula development.
• Demonstrated success with detail and deadline-oriented tasks and well organized.
• Ability to complete projects effectively.
The following outlines the essential competencies that are needed to be successful in the position:
• Customer/Client Focus – Attending to the needs and expectations of customer/client.
• Strategic Thinking – Evaluating immediate actions in context of achieving short and long-range objectives.
• Presentation Skill – Formally delivering information to groups.
• Professional & Technical Expertise – Applying technical subject matter to the job.
How to apply:
City and County of San Francisco employment applications for this position will be accepted through an on-line process only. A resume and cover letter describing how you meet the qualifications must be attached to the online application. A Résumé will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application. Mailed, hand delivered or faxed applications will not be accepted.
Visit www.jobapscloud.com/sf to begin the application process.
• Click and select 9172 Manager II, MTA (PEX-9172-094407)
• Click on “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
• Click on “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or on “I have REGISTERED PREVIOUSLY”
• Follow instructions given on the screen.
To submit resume using the online application:
• Select the “Resume” tab in the online application
• Follow instructions given on the screen
To submit cover letter using the online application:
• Select the “Other” tab in the online application
• Choose “Upload” as your method of submittal
• Click on “Upload Attachment”
• Follow instructions given on the screen
If you are having trouble attaching your resume and cover letter to the online application, you may submit by fax to (415) 701-5016, ATTN: 9172 Manager II, MTA (PEX-9172-094407).
Computer kiosks are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday to file online applications in the lobby of the Department of Human Resources, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco and in the lobby of SFMTA Human Resources office, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by e-mail. It is their responsibility to ensure that their registered e-mail address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses: (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org).
Upon successful submittal of the application online, the applicant will receive a notification on the screen, as well as in the applicant’s e-mail inbox, acknowledging the receipt of the application by the SFMTA. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received. If you are having difficulty submitting your application online, please contact us at (415) 646-2193 between 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst, Michelle Serrano-Nacorda by telephone at (415) 646-2193 or by email at Michelle.Serrano-Nacorda@sfmta.com.
Verification: Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point in the application and/or departmental selection process. Written verification (proof) of qualifying experience must verify that the applicant meets the minimum qualifications stated on the examination announcement. Written verification must be submitted on employer’s official letterhead, specifying dates of employment, types of employment (part-time/full-time), job title(s), description of duties performed, and the verification must be signed by the employer. City employees will receive credit for the duties of the class to which they are appointed. Credit for experience obtained outside of the employee’s class will be allowed only if recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Commission Rules. Experience claimed in self-employment must be supported by documents verifying income, earnings, business license and experience comparable to the minimum qualifications of the position. Copies of income tax papers or other documents listing occupations and total earnings must be submitted. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456.
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Selection Procedures: Applications will be screened for relevant qualifying experience. Additional screening mechanisms may be implemented in order to determine candidates’ qualifications. Only those applicants who most closely meet the needs of the Agency will be invited to participate in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement to the interview.
Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must contact the SFMTA by phone at (415) 646-2193 or, if hearing impaired at (415) 701-5043 (TTY) or in writing to the SFMTA Human Resources, HR Operations Section, 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 (specify Class 9172).
Notes: Applicants are responsible for updating their email address or mailing address. Contact Information must be updated online at http://www.jobaps.com/sf by clicking on “Update My Contact Info” and logging into your account. If updating contact information online, applicants must contact the analyst at (415) 646-2193 immediately to inform them of the change. Failure to do so may result in the loss of eligibility.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment or inability to receive full credit for scoring purposes. Any new information concerning work experience, education, training and other information that is submitted after the filing deadline may not be used for scoring or considered to determine whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Employee Wellness Program
The SFMTA strives to be your employer of choice by providing an environment that supports your personal health & wellbeing with physical, nutritional, mental/emotional and financial resources. Since 2010 the SFMTA has been providing worksite wellness activities, as well as providing recognition opportunities to those individuals who success-fully achieve personal milestones in wellness. For more details on the Wellness Program, please visit Employee Wellness Program Description page: https://www.sfmta.com/reports/employee-wellness-program.
MINORITIES, WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|