9976 - Technology Expert I (Cloud Infrastructure Specialist)
|Date Opened||8/4/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$141,934 - $178,516/year|
|Job Type||Permanent Exempt|
Salary range: $141,934 - $178,516. Salary upon appointment will be based on candidate’s documented and substantiated exceptional skills and experience.
Appointment Type: Permanent-Exempt. This position is exempt from Civil Service Commission rules pursuant to the City and County of San Francisco, Charter Section 10.104, and incumbents serve at the discretion of the Appointing Officer.
The Department of Building Inspection (“DBI”) has a Permanent Exempt (PEX) opportunity for a 9976 Technology Expert I (Cloud Infrastructure Specialist). DBI oversees the effective, efficient, fair and safe enforcement of City building, housing, plumbing, electrical, mechanical, and disability access codes for San Francisco’s more than 200,000 buildings. This position is located at 49 South Van Ness.
Under general direction of the IT Manager, this position will be responsible for creating, designing and managing the transition of DBI’s current on premise compute architecture to the future state - IaaS and City’s hybrid cloud environment. This role requires expert knowledge and understanding of cloud infrastructure, virtualization, networking in enterprise environment and software defined network. Participate in enterprise solution implementation with the knowledge of business processes in relation to the continuous integration and delivery of services in the cloud at scale. At a broader scale, the Cloud Infrastructure Specialist will be responsible for realizing the architectural, transitional and operational aspects of the DBI’s technology infrastructure in alignment with the department strategic objectives.
The essential functions of this position include:
· Be responsible for designing and implementing technology infrastructure to support the enterprise.
· Provide oversight for system requirements and ensures secure deployment and effective integration with other resources in the technology infrastructure landscape.
· Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels and offers support to application development team regarding new technologies and system requirements.
· Maintain in-depth and up to date knowledge of industry standards, guidelines, technology trends for supporting technology infrastructure and architecture
· Evaluate and recommend technologies that best fit enterprise strategic needs.
· Ensure consistent use of technology infrastructure stack in alignment with IT enterprise architecture strategy, framework and supporting processes.
· Engage with project sponsors, client and project stakeholders to understand system requirements.
· Translate complex concepts and solutions to non-technical audiences.
· Assume a leadership role in ensuring technical compliance with all technology infrastructure designs and solutions.
· Develop transition plans for moving workloads between on premise and off-premise environments, integration of multiple 3rd party cloud offerings, and planning long term solutions for cloud computing and storage.
· Lead development of infrastructure reference architectures, methodologies, standards and leading practices.
· Develop and maintain the Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture models for technology infrastructure.
· Support architecting cloud based applications, mobile applications and infrastructure, web services, middleware and databases needed to support the future technology platform.
· Lead and support vendor selection process and provides recommendations for investment in technology solutions, supported by appropriate ROI, total cost of ownership, and/or cost benefit analyses.
· Develop architectural standards and roadmaps for technology infrastructure to add significant value to the business.
· Create standards and guiding principles to help define and govern the future state architecture, organization structure, business processes, information systems and infrastructure.
· Work across multiple organizational teams to deliver solutions to support business objectives.
· Responsible for integration of platforms such as IaaS, hybrid cloud and SaaS.
· Ownership of cloud infrastructure to support service integration with API management tools.
· Evaluate various private, public cloud technologies and tools for technical, functional, integrative and financial feasibility to support ongoing and future operations at scale.
· Provide technical leadership for all phases of the enterprises cloud and operational objectives including the ongoing integration of Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and cloud application and service driven architecture.
· Perform related duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Nature of Work
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment: Ability to work in a standard office environment which may involve prolonged sitting, bending and operation of typing, word processing and other office equipment; and ability to work off business hours.
These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, management
information systems, data processing, electrical engineering, or a closely
Experience: Seven (7) years of recent and verifiable experience in Networking and Infrastructure Technology or in a related area; AND
Five (5) years of recent and verifiable experience in architecting solutions for the Cloud in the following areas: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Oracle OCI, Google GCP, PaaS, IaaS, Jenkins, Linux, REST APIs; AND
**Please note: The number of years of experiences required must be recent.**
Education Substitution: Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). Thirty (30) semester units or forty-five (45) quarter units equal one (1) year.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred to hiring.
· Seven (7) years of recent and verifiable experience in in performing solution architecture, developing, choreographing, designing and orchestrating service driven solutions for the cloud in fast paced environments.
· Experience building and configuring elastically scalable, fault tolerant cloud architecture patterns.
· Experience migrating legacy applications to a service oriented, cloud optimized architecture in a large IT organization.
· Expert knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks and principles (VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, Oracle Product Suite, hyper converged infrastructure)
· Deep understanding of networking and telecom concepts including OSI, switching, routing, DNS and registry services as well as SDN architecture and design
· Recent and verifiable experience in virtualization platforms such as VMware, Azure, GCP, OpenStack
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for various audiences, both business and technical.The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: All City and County of San Francisco employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. For details on how it is applicable to your employment, please click here.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
In line with the Official Public Health Order to slow the spread of COVID-19, “shelter-in-place” has been issued for all San Francisco residents that is expected to be in effect until further notice. As a result, Department of Human Resources (DHR)’s office (located at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103) is currently closed to the general public. If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Human Resources Analyst listed on this announcement.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Yvonne Lin, by telephone at 628-652-3581, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through all of the steps in the selection procedure.
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Reasonable Accommodation Request
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable accommodation here.
Terms of Announcement
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
Copies of Application Documents
Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
Right to Work
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
General Information Concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures
Important employment information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained online here.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID #:904540
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|