1092 IT Operations Support Admin II - Service Desk Support
Service Desk Support Analyst
|Date Opened||5/21/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Salary||$34.36 - $42.59/hour; $5,956.00 - $7,382.00/month; $71,474.00 - $88,582.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Controller’s Office - Systems Division
City Job Classification: 1092 IS Operations Support Administrator II
Service Desk Support Analyst
Within the Systems Division, the Change Management, Training, and User Support team is responsible for supporting over 37,000 active City employees, 75,000 retirees, and 20,000 city suppliers who use our centralized and integrated systems. To support our vision of a data driven organization providing best-in-class customer service, we are looking for a competent, friendly, and efficient Service Desk Support Analyst to provide fast and accurate Tier 1 support to the City employees, retirees, and suppliers who use our systems on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have Service Desk or comparable customer service experience, with excellent communication skills, both in speaking and writing with clarity, and listening to understand users’ issues. The ideal candidate must be customer service oriented and have the patience and empathy to deal with sometimes difficult customers. This position will be working in a high volume, fast paced environment, so teamwork, a positive attitude, and the flexibility to prioritize the team’s needs are key.
PeopleSoft experience is not required; more important than PeopleSoft-specific experience, the ideal candidate must be comfortable in a data-driven environment, have an eagerness to learn and solve problems, and an appreciation of data quality, analysis, and reporting. As a member of the Change Management Team, the Service Desk Support Analyst will work closely with colleagues on the User Engagement and Training teams to identify common problems and propose proactive communication and/or training activities to improve the user experience and reduce the need for support.
Under general direction, the incumbent is responsible for the following responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Serving as the first point of contact (Tier 1) for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email;
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers and providing appropriate solutions or workarounds within service level agreements
- Respond to, monitor, follow up on, and ultimately resolve Tier 1 questions and service requests within time specified in service level agreements
- Escalating problems as necessary to the proper Tier 2 functional team
- Handling all customer complaints with professional, courteous, and outstanding customer service on a daily basis
- Keeping customers informed and updated on the status of questions, problems, and requests
- Completing all required ticket fields and log all support activity within Freshservice
- Answer all user calls during support hours (8am – 5pm) and open, document, and resolve corresponding ticket in Freshcaller and Freshservice
- Define and document Service Desk Standard Operating Procedures in SharePoint
- Walking users through the problem-solving process;
- Providing accurate information on the application(s);
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team;
- Identifying and suggesting possible improvements to Service Desk Standard Operating Procedures;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
These minimum qualifications establish the education, training, experience, special skills and/or license(s) which are required for employment in the classification. Please note, additional qualifications (i.e., special conditions) may apply to a particular position and will be stated on the exam/job announcement.
Requires an Associate's Degree in computer science or a closely related field from an accredited college or university OR its equivalent in terms of total course credits/units [i.e., at least sixty (60) semester or ninety (90) quarter credits/units with a minimum of twenty (20) semester or thirty (30) quarter credits/units in computer science or a closely-related field].
One (1) year of experience performing analysis, installation and technical support in a network environment.
- Customer Service Oriented;
- Experience as a help desk technician or other customer service role;
- Inquisitive nature and enjoy learning new things;
- Familiarity with ITIL practices
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft technology;
- Familiarity with Freshservice or other Service Desk tool;
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of office automation products;
- Ability to quickly understand new applications;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required degree on a year-for-year basis (up to a maximum of two (2) years). One (1) year is equivalent to thirty (30) semester units / forty-five (45) quarter units with a minimum of 10 semester / 15 quarter units in computer science or a closely related field.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Vicente Centeno, by telephone at 415-554-7506, or by email at Vicente Centeno@sfgov.org
As a selected candidate for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a selected candidate. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are a selected candidate, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#applicantswithdisabilities
Information regarding requests for Veterans Preference can be found at: http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process#veteranspreference
Issued: May 21, 2021
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 083794
CON/ VC/ 415-554-7506
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|