2325 Certified Nurse-Midwife
|Date Opened||11/17/2017 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/8/2017 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$66.95 - $104.44/hour; $11,605.00 - $18,103.00/month; $139,256.00 - $217,230.00/year|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
2325 Certified Nurse-Midwife
This recruitment may close at any time, but no sooner than December 1, 2017 at 5:00pm. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply immediately.
Position Type: TEX (Temporary, As Needed)
General Job Description:
Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital and Trauma Center (ZSFG) is accepting applications for a temporary position in class 2325 Certified Nurse-Midwife (CNM). The selected applicant will join the longest-standing hospital-based midwifery practice in San Francisco, now attending births in a state-of-the art Family Birth Center. This new clinical setting offers expanded options to patients, including nitrous oxide, as well as ongoing support of physiologic birth, demonstrated by a volunteer doula program and one of the lowest cesarean-section rates in California. ZSFG nurse-midwives are members of a collaborative, inter-professional team with a shared commitment to providing respectful, culturally appropriate care to all patients and families.
Current shift needs: coverage for evenings and weekends.
Under general nursing and medical direction, utilizing selected standardized procedures, the CNM functions within an organized system for the delivery of health care as a member of an inter-professional team. The CNM provides full scope nurse-midwifery care in the Women’s Health Center, Family Birth Center, and postpartum unit. In collaboration with the physician, the essential job functions include the following:
• Antepartum care (both 1:1 and CenteringPregnancy) in collaboration with Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program team members and social service agencies;
• Intrapartum care and Birth Center triage;
• Postpartum care (inpatient and outpatient);
• Well-woman gynecology and family planning;
• Clinical education of nurse-midwifery students, medical students, and residents;
• Documentation of care via electronic medical record; AND
• The 2325 CNM performs other related duties as assigned.
1. LICENSE: Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse (RN) License issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
2. LICENSE: Possession of a valid Certified Nurse-Midwife Certificate issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
3. LICENSE: Possession of a current Nurse-Midwife Furnishing Number issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing; AND
4. EDUCATION: Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university; AND
5. CERTIFICATION: Possession of National Board Certification as a Certified Nurse-Midwife by the American Midwifery Certificate Board; AND
6. EXPERIENCE: One (1) year (equivalent to 2000 hours) of clinical experience as a practicing Certified Nurse-Midwife.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Clinical proficiency in Spanish
As of October 14, 2016, in order to place you at the appropriate salary step your application must contain verifiable Certified Nurse-Midwife employment history for up to 21 years. A resume cannot substitute for the need to fully complete your employment application.
Verification of Experience: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#verification
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Verification of Education: If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Karrie Johnson, by telephone at 415-554-2919, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout length of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
If appointed, eligibles possessing interim permits or temporary Licenses must present full and unrestricted Licenses prior to completion of the probationary period.
• Information regarding California Registered Nurse (RN) Licenses may be obtained from the California Board of Registered Nursing, 400 R Street, Suite 4030, P.O. Box 944210, Sacramento, CA 94244-2100, telephone: (916) 322-3350. Web address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/
• Information regarding Certified Nurse-Midwife Certificates may obtained from the California Board of Registered Nurses. Web Address: http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/nmw-app.pdf
• Information regarding Certified Nurse-Midwife Furnishing Numbers may be obtained from http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/applicants/nmw-app.pdf.
Eligible Billable Provider Condition of Employment:
All qualified candidates who are selected for appointment to positions in all specialty areas must be an eligible billable provider and will be required to meet the following criteria:
• Be eligible to participate in Medicare, Medicaid and/or other federal health care programs; AND
• Possess a National Provider Identifier (NPI); AND
• Submit a completed credentialing application and/or required documentation for credentialing; AND
• Possess a valid third-party billable provider certification (such as Medicare, Medi-Cal and/or private insurance) OR have submitted a completed billable provider application, along with the required documentation, in order to obtain the appropriate billable provider status.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate Requirement / Provision:
Possession of a valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate issued by the American Heart Association is required as a provision to employment for all positions. Candidates who do not possess such a certification may participate in this examination process and be appointed to a position(s), but will be required to obtain the certificate within two (2) weeks of hire date and maintain validity throughout length of employment. A photocopy of the valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certificate must be provided to the appropriate supervisor of the appointment within the allotted time frame. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of valid certification within two (2) weeks of hire date and throughout length of employment may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Condition of Employment: Highest Educational Achievement
Due to the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment 1988, all applicants who are selected for a position will be required to provide verification of highest level of education achieved. Applicants must meet one of the following conditions:
1. Have earned a doctoral, master's, or bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science (including nursing), or medical technology from an accredited institution; OR
2. Have earned an associate degree in a chemical, physical or biological science (including nursing) or medical laboratory technology from an accredited institution.
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR): The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing. Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a FaceFitting Respirator.
Note on I-Care: Willingness to uphold/abide by ZSFG’s ICARE philosophy for employee and patient interactions (I-Introduce, C-Connect, A-Ask, R-Respond, E-Exit).
Condition of Employment (Security Clearance):
Security clearance as issued by the Sheriff’s Department is required as a condition of employment for all positions at the Jail Health Services. Eligibles who have successfully participated in the examination process, received passing scores and have been selected for hire will be required to obtain the security clearance prior to appointment. A photocopy of the security clearance must be provided to the supervisor on or before date of hire. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of security clearance may result in a dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Medical Examination/Drug Testing:
Prior to appointment, at the Department's expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, a medical examination and/or drug test.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures can be found at: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20
Copies of Application Documents: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#copies;
Right to Work: http://sfdhr.org/getting-job#identification;
Information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation: http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities;
Issued: November 17, 2017
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TEX -2325-902494
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.