3264 Camp Assistant
|Specialty||Camp Mather in the High Sierra near Yosemite|
|Department||Recreation and Parks|
|Date Opened||1/4/2018 10:40:00 AM|
|Salary||$14.00/hr + room and board ($15.00/hr beginning 1 July 2018)|
|Job Type||Temporary Exempt|
Amended and reissued on 12 January 2018
to clarify flat hourly wage plus room and board as posted.
A temporary exempt as-needed appointment, this position is seasonal and will not result in an eligible list for a permanent civil service position.
The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department (RPD) provides opportunities for San Francisco residents and guests alike to gather, play, learn, relax and enjoy nature. We maintain more than 220 parks, playgrounds, and open spaces in the city, including two outside of city limits: Sharp Park in Pacifica and Camp Mather in the High Sierra. A vacation getaway for generations of families, as well as for first-time guests, Camp Mather remains RPD's inclusive, rustic, off-the-grid destination for recreation and relaxation.
Circled in red below, Camp Mather is approximately 3 hours east of San Francisco, near the Hetch Hetchy Valley, and at the border of Yosemite National Park.
Working Conditions, Prior Experience and Schedule
Camp Mather is located in the High Sierra. Room and board is provided for employees. Camp Assistants will have at least one roommate, housing is for employees only, and pets are not allowed. No transportation is provided to and from Camp Mather. Employees working both indoors and outdoors are exposed to high temperatures, and will regularly encounter bugs and insects. Previous paid or volunteer experience with San Francisco Recreation and Park does not guarantee future employment. The basic workweek is six (6) days, as needed, and comprises a variety of shifts as well as weekends and evenings. Overtime may be required.
In 2018 there will be three (3) periods of employment at Camp Mather as follows:
1. Startup Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Startup Session, which begins on May 6 and ends on June 2; and
2. Summer Session: The majority of employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Summer Session, which begins on June 3 and ends on August 18; and
3. Special/Close-down Session: Certain employees may be scheduled to work through or during any part of Special/Close-down Session, which begins on August 19 and ends on September 23.
Under supervision, Camp Assistants work with all staff to ensure that guests experience a sense of community and enjoy a wonderful vacation. This position requires a high level of physical effort as well as strong customer-service skills.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
1. Participates in the staff talent show and staff versus guest athletic activities;
2. Works steam tables, serves food, buses tables, washes and stacks dishes, and cleans flatware;
3. Cleans cabins and other facilities, including sweeping and mopping floors, washing windows and scrubbing washrooms;
4. Cleans the grounds;
5. Unloads and loads trucks, and moves furniture and supplies; and
6. Helps the Chef, Cooks and Assistant Cooks.
2. Ability to work with people of all ages, backgrounds and beliefs;
3. Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form;
4. Good physical condition and ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
5. Present a neat and clean appearance at all times;
6. Ability to relate to guests in a friendly and helpful manner; and
7. For certain kitchen staff: ServSafe certificate or California Food Handler Card.
1. CPR-FPR/AED certification;
2. First Aid certification;
3. Citizen or Neighborhood Emergency Response Team Training; and
4. ServSafe certificate or California Food Handler Card.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to create an account and begin the application process.
· Select the desired job announcement: TEX-3264-074447
· Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
· Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
· Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday, to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/how-verify-education-requirements
Verification of required work experience typically must be on the employer’s letterhead, and must include the applicant’s name, job title, description of job duties, dates of employment, hours per week, and signature of the employer, supervisor, or appropriate representative. City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) employees do not need to submit verification of their City employment, but must submit written verification of outside experience. CCSF employees will not receive credit for experience obtained outside of their classification unless recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Rule 110.9.1/111A.11.2.
Verification of required education typically must be a photocopy of the degree or transcript from an accredited college or university. Verification of required licensure/certification typically must be a photocopy of the license/certificate including the name of the issuing agency as well as the name of the license/certificate holder, license/certificate number, and expiration date.
If you have any other questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the exam analyst, Gary Chen at 415-831-2762 or at email@example.com.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City. If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
Reasonable Accommodation Request
Applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for this recruitment can find information on requesting a reasonable accommodation at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#applicantswithdisabilities.
Terms of the Announcement
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations.
Copies of Application Documents
Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
Right to Work
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
REC / GWC / 415-831-2762
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|