9702 Employment & Training Specialist I
|Department||Airport - San Francisco International|
|Date Opened||5/16/2014 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/8/2014 11:05:00 AM|
|Salary||$55,510.00 - $67,496.00/year|
|Job Type||None - NON-PUBLIC|
This announcement has been temporarily suspended until further notice.
Interested applicants are encouraged to file immediately as this may close at anytime
As an enterprise department of the City and County of San Francisco, San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is committed to setting the standard for the industry. SFO has received numerous awards, including this year’s recognition by Airport Revenue News for outstanding concession programs. As the “Gateway to the Pacific”, SFO had an all time record for passenger traffic in 2012 of 44.5 million passengers traveling through the airport. SFO continues to redefine air travel by building for the future. Airport Director John L. Martin and Mayor Edwin M. Lee announced a $4.1
billion 10-year Capital Improvement plan for the Airport, which is sure to elevate the air travel experience at SFO.
SFO’s mission is to provide an exceptional airport in service to our communities. Our employees carry out our mission through leadership in safety and security, customer service and satisfaction, community relations, environmental commitment, quality of facilities, and financial and economic vitality. For more information about careers at the Airport and current opportunities, please visit www.flysfo.com.
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Temporary Exempt
Employment is limited to 1,040 work-hours or six (6) months. Exempt employees are considered “at will” and serve at the discretion of the appointing officer.
About SFO’s Office of Employment and Community Partnerships:
The San Francisco Airport Commission has achieved successful partnerships with youth, Tenants, and partnering Community Based Organizations through the Airport Office of Employment and Community Partnerships. Established in 1998, this office creates and enhances partnerships to meet the intersecting workforce development needs of the Airport, the City and County of San Francisco, our neighboring cities and county, the educational community, community-based organizations, and private business. In addition to managing several unique internship programs, ECP also coordinates school partnerships, employment-related tours, and the Susan Tong Employment information Center, a one-stop employment center for Airport Tenants and the general public.
9702 Employment & Training Specialist I will report directly to the Manager of the office of Employment and Community Partnerships. Essential functions include:
1. Monitor, evaluate, and plan services for job seekers at the Airport’s One Stop Center, the Employment Information Center (EIC).
2. Assist the 9706 Employment & Training Specialist V implement an on-line application and tracking system.
3. Train and work closely with job seekers to complete the on-line application.
4. Act as the contact person with Airport ITT and vendor to resolve any issues.
5. Assess job seekers to determine employment qualifications.
6. Assist in developing, establishing and maintaining strong work relationships with Airport tenants, vendors and community organizations.
7. Work closely with managers to develop, analyze and create various reports submitted for the Airport’s Senior Staff, San Francisco Board of Supervisors, the City’s Budget Analyst, and other City departments.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) full time, verifiable public contact work experience including, but not limited to interviewing to acquire detailed, personal and/or confidential information from clients, such as eligibility for loans, financial assistance, unemployment or veterans benefits, insurance claims or the regular processing of paperwork or other closely related duties; OR
2. Two (2) years of college coursework (60 semester unit/90 quarter units) from an accredited college or university in behavioral sciences (Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a closely related field; OR
3. One (1) year (2,000 hours) verifiable experience as described in MQ#1 and completion of the Human Services Certification.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
* 3-4 years of front desk or administrative support experience in a Workforce Development focused community based organization, government office, educational setting, private sector, human resources department, or staffing services.
* 2-3 years of experience reviewing employment applications and critiquing resumes.
* 3-5 years of experience working in a fast paced environment and working with diverse populations.
* Strong knowledge of community based organizations within San Francisco and the Peninsula.
* Experience working with interns.
One year full-time employment is equivalent to 2000 hours (2000 hours of qualifying work experience is based on a 40 hours work week). Any overtime hours that you work above forty (40) hours per week are not included in the calculation to determine full-time employment.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
* Select the 9702 Employment & Training Specialist I (TEX-9702-062792) job announcement
* Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
* Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
* Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications. Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the personnel analyst, Charlene Cun, by telephone at 650-821-2018, or by email at Charlene.Cun@flysfo.com.
Make sure your application and any attachments to the application submitted at the time of filing are complete and accurate and include details on all experience, education, training and other information that qualifies you for this recruitment. Failure to submit a complete and accurate application at the time of filing may result in your ineligibility for this recruitment. Only the most qualified applicants will continue on in the selection process.
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Applications will be reviewed for relevant qualifying education and experience. Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the interview process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed an invitation to the interview process.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) Security Clearance:
Candidates for employment with the San Francisco Airport Commission are required to undergo a criminal history record check, including FBI fingerprints, and Security Threat Assessment in order to determine eligibility for security clearance and may be required to undergo drug/alcohol screening. Per Civil Service Commission Rule Section 110.9.1, every applicant for an examination must possess and maintain the qualifications required by law and by the examination announcement for the examination. Failure to obtain and maintain security clearance may be basis for termination from employment with the Airport Commission.
Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Disaster Service Workers
Terms of the Announcement:
Applicants must be guided solely by the provisions of this announcement, including requirements, time periods and other particulars, except when superseded by federal, state or local laws, rules or regulations. Clerical errors may be corrected by the posting the correction on the Department of Human Resources website at www.jobaps.com/sf.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20 or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
http://www.sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=20#copies. Applicants are advised to keep copies of all documents submitted. Submitted documents become a permanent part of the exam record and will not be returned. The hiring department may require applicants to submit the same documents and/or additional documents at a later date.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Suspended: Wednesday, June 25, 2014
Issued: Friday, May 16, 2014
Micki Callahan, Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: 062792
Airport/CC (650) 821-2018
One South Van Ness, 4th Floor * San Francisco * CA * 94103-1233 * (415) 557-4800 *
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.