2574 Clinical Psychologist - Neuropsychologist
|Specialty||Neuropsychology Specialty Area|
|Date Opened||12/1/2017 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$96,902.00 - $117,754.00/year|
2574 CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST - NEUROPSYCHOLOGIST
Applicants are encouraged to file immediately as this recruitment may close at any time, but no earlier than December 18, 2017
APPOINTMENT TYPE: Permanent and Provisional applicants are encouraged to apply. Provisional applicants must participate in a Civil Service Examination for this job classification to be considered for permanent appointment.
Laguna Honda Hospital and Rehabilitation Center (LHH) is accepting applications for a full-time 2574 Clinical Psychologist (with neuropsychology qualifications). LHH is a skilled nursing and rehabilitation center owned and operated by the San Francisco Department of Public Health. Located on a 62-acre campus in the heart of the city, LHH is one of the largest skilled nursing facilities in the United States, and represents one of the most extensive commitments by any city or county to therapeutic care for seniors and adults with disabilities.
LHH Psychiatry is a multidisciplinary behavioral health service team under LHH Medical Services. Our comprehensive services include psychiatric medication management, mental health treatment, neuropsychological and psychological services, substance use treatment, and behavioral management.
Under the general direction of the Chief of Psychiatry, the clinical psychologist provides direct clinical services, including but not limited to: mental health services, neuropsychological services, substance treatment services and behavioral management.
SHIFT/DAYS OFF: Day Shift/Monday – Friday (full-time)
- Provides clinical services including assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and planned services including, but not limited to individual therapy/counseling, group therapy, collateral services, case management, and urgent or crisis interventions for residents with mental disorder, psychosocial adjustment difficulty, or a history of trauma and/or post-traumatic stress disorder;
- Provides neuropsychological and psychological testing services as needed, including but not limited to: conducting neuropsychological testing and psychological testing; determining therapeutic, rehabilitative, or counseling strategies for patients with neurological impairments; preparing written reports of testing results; collaborating with multidisciplinary team, family members and caregivers;
- Provides clinical services for residents with substance use disorders, including but not limited to: intake assessments, diagnosis, treatment planning, individual and group counseling, urgent interventions, making placement and follow up treatment recommendations, assisting with the resident’s transition to the next level of care, and coordination with outpatient substance abuse treatment providers as needed;
- Provides behavioral management services including behavioral consultation, behavioral planning and Health and Behavior services;
- Documents clinical services in the designated Electronic Health Record (EHR) following compliance and billing standards, policies and procedures;
- Provides training and supervises trainees as needed;
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, and provides and receives feedback in a professional manner; collaborates with colleagues within LHH Psychiatry, Medical Services, LHH, within DPH, as well as with providers in the community; and
- Provides coverage for others as needed.
The 2574 Clinical Psychologist performs other related duties as assigned.
- Possession of a valid license as a Psychologist issued by the California Board of Psychology as defined in Chapter 6.6 of the Business and Professions Code; Psychologist Licensing Law, Sections 2900-2903, 2914; AND
- Special Condition: Completion of a two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) post-doctoral fellowships in clinical neuropsychology or two (2) years (equivalent to 4,000 hours) of experience as a clinical neuropsychologist. Qualifying education, training, and experience must be under the supervision of a neuropsychologist and commensurate with "The Houston Conference on Specialty Education and Training in Clinical Neuropsychology" Policy Statement: http://www.theaacn.org/position_papers/Houston_conference.pdf ; http://www.nanonline.org/docs/PAIC/PDFs/HC%20Policy%20statement.pdf
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT: Successful candidates must meet LHH Medical Staff requirements and maintain privilege.
Special Conditions: The above minimum qualifications reflect special conditions associated with the position(s) to be filled. They may differ from the standard minimum qualifications associated with this classification.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualification requirement by the final filing date unless otherwise noted.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
- Bilingual fluency in a language other than English
- Work experience with patients who have mental illness and/or substance use disorders
- Work experience with patients with dementia
- Work experience in acute or post-acute medical settings assisting interdisciplinary team with behavioral management
- Supervisory and leadership experience
- Teaching and training experience
- Demonstrated ability being flexible in times of change
- Demonstrated excellence while functioning in a team environment
Applicants may be required to submit verification of qualifying education and experience at any point during the recruitment and selection process. If education verification is required, information on how to verify education requirements, including verifying foreign education credits or degree equivalency, can be found at http://sfdhr.org/index.aspx?page=456
Note: Falsifying one’s education, training, or work experience or attempted deception on the application may result in disqualification for this and future job opportunities with the City and County of San Francisco.
Verification of required education typically must be a photocopy of the degree or transcript from an accredited college or university.
Verification of required work experience typically must be on the employer’s letterhead, and must include the applicant’s name, job title, description of job duties, dates of employment, hours per week, and signature of the employer, supervisor, or appropriate representative. City and County of San Francisco (CCSF) employees do not need to submit verification of their City employment, but must submit written verification of outside experience. CCSF employees will not receive credit for experience obtained outside of their classification unless recorded in accordance with the provisions of the Civil Service Rule 110.9.1/111A.11.2.
Verification of required licensure/certification typically must be a photocopy of the license/certificate including the name of the issuing agency as well as the name of the license/certificate holder, license/certificate number, and expiration date.
How To Apply
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit www.jobaps.com/sf to register an account (if you have not already done so) and begin the application process.
- Select the desired job announcement
- Select “Apply” and read and acknowledge the information
- Select either “I am a New User” if you have not previously registered, or “I have Registered Previously”
- Follow instructions on the screen
Computers are available for the public (from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday) to file online applications in the lobby of the Dept. of Human Resources at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor, San Francisco.
Applicants may be contacted by email about this announcement and, therefore, it is their responsibility to ensure that their registered email address is accurate and kept up-to-date. Also, applicants must ensure that email from CCSF is not blocked on their computer by a spam filter. To prevent blocking, applicants should set up their email to accept CCSF mail from the following addresses (@sfgov.org, @sfdpw.org, @sfport.com, @flysfo.com, @sfwater.org, @sfdph.org, @asianart.org, @sfmta.com, @sfpl.org, @dcyf.org, @first5sf.org, @famsf.org, @ccsf.edu).
Applicants will receive a confirmation email that their online application has been received in response to every announcement for which they file. Applicants should retain this confirmation email for their records. Failure to receive this email means that the online application was not submitted or received.
All work experience, education, training and other information substantiating how you meet the minimum qualifications must be included on your application by the filing deadline. Information submitted after the filing deadline will not be considered in determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
Applications completed improperly may be cause for ineligibility, disqualification or may lead to lower scores.
If you have specific questions about this Neuropsychologist position, please contact the hiring manager, Yifang Qian, M.D., PhD, LHH Chief of Psychiatry/Medical Director, San Francisco Behavioral Health Center/Deputy Medical Director, Long Term Care; San Francisco Health Network Behavioral Health Services, by telephone at (415) 759-4562 or by email at email@example.com
If you have any other questions regarding this recruitment or application process, please contact the analyst, Yvette Gamble, by telephone at (415) 554-2911 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Departmental Selection Procedures:
The department may implement screening mechanisms in order to determine applicants’ qualifications for this position. Only applicants most closely meeting the needs of the department will be invited to continue in the selection process. Applicants meeting the minimum qualifications are not guaranteed advancement through all steps in the selection process.
Applicants will be prompted to complete a Supplemental Questionnaire as part of the online application process and it must be submitted with the application by the final filing deadline. The information provided on the Supplemental Questionnaire must be consistent with the information on the application and is subject to verification. Responses to the Supplemental Questionnaire will assist with determining if applicants meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates applying for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates applying for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All City and County of San Francisco employees are designated Disaster Service Workers through state and local law (California Government Code Section 3100-3109). Employment with the City requires the affirmation of a loyalty oath to this effect. Employees are required to complete all Disaster Service Worker-related training as assigned, and to return to work as ordered in the event of an emergency.
Valid licensure/certification/registration as a requirement to perform the job must be kept current throughout duration of employment. Failure to demonstrate/show proof of possession of required valid licensure/certification/registration may result in dismissal and/or termination of employment.
Note on Electronic Health Record (EHR):
The Department of Public Health (DPH) is implementing a unified Electronic Health Record (EHR) system and DPH employees must demonstrate competency in the use of the system that is appropriate for their classification as a condition of employment.
Note on Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
Some positions in the Department of Public Health will require the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), including but not limited to gloves, gowns, eye and face protection, and face-fitting respirators. The requirement for the use of PPE may come on short or no notice. Facial hair or any condition that interferes with a face-fitting respirator’s seal (i.e. comes between the sealing surfaces of the respirator and the wearer’s bare skin) is not permitted when face-fitting respirators are worn, including during initial or periodic respirator fit-testing.
Employees who choose not to shave and do not have either American Disabilities Act (ADA) or Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Accommodations do not have the right to alternate work assignments or the option of using a loose-fitting Powered Air Purifying Respirator (PAPR) in place of a Face Fitting Respirator.
Prior to appointment, at the Department’s expense, applicants may be required to take a tuberculosis (TB) screening test, medical examination, and/or drug test.
General Information concerning City and County of San Francisco Employment Policies and Procedures:
Important Employment Information for the City and County of San Francisco can be obtained at http://sfdhr.org/information-about-hiring-process or hard copy at 1 South Van Ness Avenue, 4th Floor.
Copies of Application Documents:
Applicants should keep copies of all documents submitted, as these will not be returned.
Right to Work:
All persons entering the City and County of San Francisco workforce are required to provide verification of authorization to work in the United States.
Applicants with disabilities who meet the minimum eligibility requirements for this job announcement can find information on requesting a reasonable ADA Accommodation at:
Issued: December 1, 2017
Human Resources Director
Department of Human Resources
Recruitment ID Number: TPV-2574-081761
DPH/YG/(415) 554-2911 (#01122568)
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.