|Department||San Francisco Unified School District|
|Analyst||Charles Smith-De Ville|
|Date Opened||1/30/2019 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2019 5:00:00 PM|
non-commercial, educational programs for Radio Station KALW located at the John O'Connell School. The incumbents of these positions will also assist certificated staff with the training of students in radio broadcasting. Positions in this class are not responsible for technical maintenance work.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties
1. Operates tape decks, turntables, mixers, microphones, control boards and remote control equipment.
2. Maintains the program log as to time programs are on and off the air; records meter readings required by FCC.
3. Reads on the air spot announcements and other short readings.
4. Monitors record and playback level of all programs.
5. Sets up equipment necessary for studio or remote broadcasts.
6. Assists certificated staff with training of students in radio broadcasting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Requires some knowledge of how to use audio equipment; proper care of audio materials and equipment; FCC regulations concerning operations of a radio station.
Requires ability to: Deal tactfully and maintain good relations with the public and students; announce in a manner consistent with educational non-commercial radio.
Experience and Training
License or Certificate
As a finalist for a job, you will be fingerprinted, and your fingerprints will be sent to the California Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI). The resulting report of your conviction history (if any) will be used to determine whether the nature of your conviction (or arrest, in limited circumstances) conflicts with the specific duties and responsibilities of the job for which you are a finalist. If a conflict exists, you will be asked to present any evidence of rehabilitation that may mitigate the conflict, except when federal or state regulations bar employment in specific circumstances, such as:
- Candidates for positions with the Unified School District and the Community College District may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under the California Education Code.
- Candidates for positions with the Recreation and Park Department may be disqualified from consideration should their conviction history not meet the standards established under California Public Resources Code 5164.
Having a conviction history does not automatically preclude you from a job with the City.
If you are selected as a finalist, the hiring department will contact you to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
Disaster Service Workers
All employees hired on or after January 10, 2009 will be required (pursuant to San Francisco Charter Section A8.432) to contribute 2% of pre-tax compensation to fund retiree healthcare. In addition, most employees are required to make a member contribution towards retirement, ranging from 7.5%-13.25% of compensation. For more information on these provisions, please contact the personnel office of the hiring agency.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|