The Department of Family Services (DFS) is seeking qualified candidates for a position in the Housing and Community Development Division.
- Directly manages the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program with a budget of approximately $1.4 million and is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal regulations governing all programs under its jurisdiction.
- With appropriate input, strategically directs the use of CDBG funds including working with sub-grantees and monitors grant activities; administers the set-up of CDBG projects and activities in HUD’s Integrated Disbursement Information System (IDIS); tracks accomplishments and generates required reports; and coordinates the CDBG competitive grant program including presentations to non-profits, application review, public hearings and presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
- Manages the development of the 5 year Consolidated Plan, Fair Housing Plan, Citizen Participation Plan, and Annual Action Plan.
- Responsible for obtaining and managing other federal and state grants to support housing programs. Serves on the DFS Leadership Team and is an important contributor to the Housing and Community Development Program Managers team.
- Implements the details of the CDBG program as well as provide leadership and vision in the development and guidance of other programs. Supervises the CDBG administrative assistant.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Urban Planning, Public Administration, Community Development, Business Management or related field
- Minimum 2 years' related experience
- Direct experience administering housing and community development programs, HUD policies and procedures,IDIS and the CDBG program is highly desirable.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background and credit check.
- A Valid automobile driver’s license and driving record check required.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development