Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking qualified applicants to join our Residential Leadership team.
- Work within the group home system providing meaningful supports and services in community based residential programs to adults with serious mental illness, co-occurring substance use disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Provide coaching, hands-on guidance, and oversight to direct support staff to ensure the delivery of supports and services is consistently person centered, strength based, and recovery oriented.
- Provide input for assessing individuals’ needs, developing service plans and is responsible for the implementation of plans, documentation and data collection.
- Work to ensure the health, safety, and the overall well-being of the people supported.
Successful candidates will be orientated to and have knowledge of person-centered philosophies. Work schedule requires evening, weekend, some day hours, and possibly over nights. Education and career development are highly supported.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, Social Work or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with people with disabilities or a related field (not included in the combination of education and experience as noted above) is required.
- Prefer experience with mentoring, coaching, and/or training staff members.
- Must be able to lift up to up to 50 pounds frequently, and more than 50 pounds occasionally
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to obtain certification in CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and Therapeutic Options within 3 months of hire.
- This position is classified as Essential Personnel and successful candidates will be able to fulfill this requirement including working holidays and during inclement weather, as scheduled.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal background, driving record check, credit check and TB test.
- Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development