Loudoun County’s Office of Mapping and Geographic Information is seeking qualified applicants to manage the Development and Support Services division. The GIS Development and Support Services Manager leads a team of five members in providing GIS database administration, GIS web administration, and application development, and in supporting the services and infrastructure of the County’s GIS.
- administers the County’s GIS web environment, including web services management, application overview, and site design
- develops complex geospatial web applications
- maintains all associated software, computer system directory structure, and the County’s Open Data platform
- monitors systems and web services
- provides security for the GIS database
- trains and supports staff in the use of software and data
- acts as point of contact on complex application development requests, working with the project requestors throughout the organization and other Mapping staff to develop project strategy, data requirements, deliverables, and deadlines
- collaborates with department leadership on annual budget process, setting goals, documentation of performance measures, and establishing office policies
- conducts staff performance reviews
- maintains quarterly budget performance measures
- manages licensing agreements with Esri on behalf of the County
- provides professional advice to Board of Supervisors offices and County staff
- works with the Department of Information Technology (DIT) on infrastructure, software, and future technology needs Work will take place at the Loudoun County Government Center in Leesburg, Virginia, Monday-Friday during core business hours.
The ideal candidate will possess any combination of education or experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Geography, GIS, or related discipline, as well as 4 years of professional working experience in GIS. Knowledge of GIS databases, GIS software (including Arcgis Online), Esri technology, GIS application development, and web development is required.
Supervisory experience and GIS systems management are preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and credit check.