Loudoun County is seeking a Human Resources (HR) Administrative Manager to manage the administrative function of the County’s Human Resources department. The HR Administrative Manager serves as a key member of the Human Resources leadership team and oversees operational support to the County’s Human Resources Department to include, management of the HR Administrative section, oversight of divisional budget, purchasing and payment processing functions; HR project management; and general office operations.
The Loudoun Difference
Loudoun County Government is an organization of individuals who choose to dedicate their talents, education, and experiences to making a difference in the community. What sets Loudoun apart from other local governments is a strong organizational culture that values teamwork, community, and innovation. Loudoun County employees share a true appreciation for the dynamic nature of the community they serve and a passion for ensuring that Loudoun remains a great place to work, live, and play. Employees of the County enjoy the camaraderie of working together in a collaborative and inclusive environment and appreciate the County’s emphasis on maintaining a diverse and respectful workplace. As the community continues to experience growth, the County offers new and seasoned professionals the opportunity to work on challenging projects, emerging issues, and innovative solutions.
The Human Resources Department
The Human Resources (HR) Department provides centralized human resources support to 32 departments, which includes approximately 6,200 regular and temporary employees in Loudoun County. The Department strategically recruits, develops, and retains a highly qualified and diverse workforce and maintains a professional and safe work environment. The HR Department has approximately 30 employees with five (5) divisions: Administration, Systems and Compliance, Employee Relations/Learning and Organizational Development, Workforce Planning/HRIS, and Employee Benefits and Risk.
Manage Administrative Section duties include:
• Serves on HR Leadership team
• Manages day to day operations of the HR front counter
• Oversees the management of the County’s records management systems
• Manages departmental FOIA requests
• Oversees administrative support to the various HR divisions
• Supervision of staff
Divisional Budget and Purchasing duties include:
• Researches, develops and produces fiscal year budget
• Monitors HR budget expenditures and makes budget modifications/adjustments using Oracle financial module
• Resolves department budget inaccuracies while informing HR Managers and/or HR Director
• Initiates request for purchase orders, coordinates travel and seminar/training arrangements and performs invoice reconciliation and payment processing
• Oversees division credit card usage and reporting
HR Project Management duties include:
• Provides administrative management support to HR programs and special projects
• Establishes timelines, develops and maintains spreadsheets, reports, memorandum or other related documentation and project tracking
• Serves on internal HR committees to review current HR policies and procedures to recommend and implement improvements.
General Office Duties include:
• Composes correspondence including memo’s, letters, reports on behalf of Human Resources Department and Director
• Disseminates administrative information to HR staff to ensure an open line of communication and collaboration within the department
• Serves as liaison between HR Director and HR divisions, as well as other County departments
• Respond to routine and sensitive inquiries from County staff, citizens and public officials in a prompt and courteous manner
• Responsible for the physical plan needs of the HR office to include space management, general maintenance of the office, etc.
The successful candidate will be an established administrative professional with essential knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and office management; thorough knowledge of business English, proofing and editing skills. Essential knowledge of basic research and survey techniques and able to perform routine statistical analysis. Thorough knowledge and proficiency with Word, related software programs and mainframe automated programs (Oracle). Thorough knowledge of the objectives, policies and procedures of the HR organization. General knowledge of County government organization and functional areas of responsibility. Ability to organize information and prepare clear, comprehensive and concise routine documentation. Able to exercise judgement in an environment that is confidential and/or political. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, government officials and the public.