Do you want to use your education and commitment to making a positive difference in peoples' lives every work-day? The Loudoun County Department of Family Services is seeking full-time (37.5 hours per week) Information and Referral Specialists to join our team.
Information & Referral Specialists provide information on a myriad of programs and services in response to specific inquiries from residents and community-based organizations. Through the use of an updated resource file and database, Information & Referral Specialists link individuals in need of information and/or services to appropriate resources.
- Assessing an individual’s needs
- Identifying appropriate resources
- Exploring options and assisting the individual to problem solve, as appropriate
- Advocating on behalf of the individual, when necessary
- Maintaining accurate data records
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in human services, psychology, sociology, public administration or related field
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Knowledge of human service systems, and demonstrated experience working in support of people with diverse educational, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to prioritize tasks, and work with frequent interruptions
- Demonstrated knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to apply critical thinking in order to respond effectively to situations
- In the event of an emergency, may be required to work and may be assigned to an alternate work site to carry out duties that support the needs of the County’s residents or employees.
- May be required to work outside of the standard, schedule work week.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred (Spanish/English).
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the results of background check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development