Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government?
Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a Systems Engineer in the Customer Support Division. Loudoun County, Virginia is an innovative, globally competitive community known for its favorable business environment, exceptional quality of life, and strong sense of community.
Located in Northern Virginia, approximately 45 minutes northwest of Washington, D.C., Loudoun County is a thriving community of more than 336,000 residents. Loudoun has been one of the fastest growing communities of its size for two decades. The Center for Digital Government has named Loudoun County one of the top five counties with populations of 250,000 to 500,000 in the past four years for its use and management of technology.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
- Provide the highest level of customer service.
- Provide technical support for computers, audio/video equipment, printer, software, and other peripherals.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve complex technical computer hardware/ software, audio visual, active directory and network issues.
- Install and configure computer, software and audio video equipment.
- Research technical problems.
- Advise users on appropriate action.
- Follow standard service desk procedures.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Work on special projects as required.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Solid background demonstrating the fundamentals of computer hardware and software support
- Strong technical skills in computer hardware/software and audio/visual equipment support
- Creative and strategic approaches to problem solving, and an ability to tackle complex issues
- Demonstrated excellent Customer Service Skills
- Experience in developing strong customer relationships and managing customer expectations
- Ability to navigate a complex systems environment and optimize the return on IT investments
- Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s s degree with major coursework in Computer Science or other related field
- Minimum 2 years experience in computer technology; experience in installation, repair and troubleshooting of computer hardware, software, audio and video equipment
- Knowledge of Office 365, Active Directory, networking and/or certifications are desired
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- A current driver’s license and driving record check is required.
- A criminal / credit background check will be conducted on the successful candidate.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development