The Loudoun County Department of Family Services (DFS) is seeking a talented and highly motivated individual for a Systems Administrator position in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation.
This position is responsible for troubleshooting errors within the Department databases, developing and producing reports utilizing Crystal Reports and other reporting systems, including SSRS and assisting with county Internet and Intranet web applications.
We are looking for a self-motivated and engaged candidate who possesses the following:
- Detailed-oriented with strong logic based troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with County and contractor staff
- Ability to develop and modify reports utilizing multiple data sources to meet Federal, State and local reporting requirements, including HUD reporting
- Ability to act as a go-to person for any technical issue and ability to redirect to the correct staff for solution
- Ability to act as a liaison between the end users and the Dept of Information Technology (DIT); understand and translate the requirements of the end user to DIT
- Excellent verbal, written, and customer services skills essential for working with County and contractor staff in training, troubleshooting, correcting data entry and database errors, and maintaining documentation related to system configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root cause analysis
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Database/Systems Administration
- Experience with SQL Server, writing SQL queries, creating views, running stored procedures and jobs on SQL Server
- (PIH) Public and Indian Housing Information Center
- Crystal Reports
- Harmony Database
- Service Point Database
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent on the successful results of criminal and credit background checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development