The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking a qualified Clinician in our Access Program.
As part of the Access Program you will engage with a strong group of professionals who support intake and referrals process for enrolling individuals trying to achieve their recovery goals. At times it will be necessary to provide crisis management strategies, withdrawal management screenings and referrals, and 1:1 and group encounters post-enrollment through psycho-education and patient education strategies.
- Provides behavioral health clinical screenings, assessments and evaluations to individuals with complex clinical needs in the Same Day Access model.
- Possesses refined diagnostic skills supporting the individual at their level of motivation and level of care. Possesses the ability to work in a complex, detail-oriented, deadline structured busy organization.
- Experienced in developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, has an ability to adapt to competing priorities, and is substantially experienced in the use of an electronic health record.
- Demonstrates core competencies in communication proficiency, ethical conduct, personal effectiveness/credibility, problem solving/analysis, and thoroughness.
- Master's Degree in related field
- 1 year of directly related experience.Directly related experience may be substituted for education where appropriate
- License eligible LPC/LCSW/LMFT
The successful candidate will be expected to have or obtain certification in First Aid/CPR/AED. Must available to work in 2 clinic sites – Leesburg and Sterling
- Bilingual ability in English and Spanish highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, ASAM Criteria, Illness Management & Recovery, Recovery Principles and Practices, Person Centered Planning, and community resources is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check, credit check, driving record check and TB test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development